Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us choose
Posted By: BT <thatfunk@thatfunk.com>Date: 8/10/99 1:47 p.m.

In Response To: Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us choose (Jon)

> I DEMAND THAT BUNGIE GO BACK AND ADD FIRST PERSON TO MYTH II

> I MUT BE ABLE TO CONTROL ALL MY ARCHERS FROM 1ST PERSON OR IT
> WILL NOT BE ANY FUN!

> ;-)
> keep it real doods

I really think folks should reserve judgement on this 1st vs. 3rd person business, until a demo/game comes out and you can try it. Obviously, the Bungie people want their game to be well recieved by gamers, but don't forget, the people making this game are a bunch of gamers. In fact, I'd bet they've spent more time playing computer games than most of us. They are also the only people familiar with Halo so far, and if they're making an educated decision on which perspective is going to work best and feel most imersive for the game, I for one am going to take their word for it. Obviously, we wouldn't want to play Quake in 3rd person, but Halo is NOT going to be Quake. Give these guys some credit, I think they know what they're doing. And, if you try the demo when the game is finally released, and you don't have fun, don't buy it. But I really don't believe that will occur for any of us.
my 2 cents.

Message Index

Replies:

1st or 3rd person....let us choosePeter Dodd 8/10/99 1:12 p.m.
     Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us chooseForensic 8/10/99 1:21 p.m.
           Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us chooseJon 8/10/99 1:41 p.m.
                 Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us chooseBT 8/10/99 1:47 p.m.
                       Re: 1st or 3rd person....let us chooseplanaria 8/10/99 3:41 p.m.
                             i just think we should get the chance to choosePeter Dodd 8/10/99 9:04 p.m.
                                   Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosThe Jug Slugger 8/10/99 11:30 p.m.
                                         Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosShataan 8/11/99 6:03 a.m.
                                               Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosNijhazer 8/11/99 9:06 a.m.
                                                     All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Forensic 8/11/99 9:26 a.m.
                                                           Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Mark Levin 8/11/99 9:39 a.m.
                                                                 Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Shataan 8/11/99 10:41 a.m.
                                                                       Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Forensic 8/11/99 11:02 a.m.
                                                                             Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Shataan 8/11/99 12:36 p.m.
                                                                                   Captain Sanity strikes again!liquid 8/11/99 2:05 p.m.
                                                                             Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Crashed 8/11/99 2:17 p.m.
                                                                       Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.BT 8/11/99 11:04 a.m.
                                                           Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Jon 8/11/99 9:55 a.m.
                                                           Re: All we are saying, is give peace a chance.Shataan 8/11/99 10:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosShataan 8/11/99 10:27 a.m.
                                                     Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosShataan 8/11/99 10:53 a.m.
                                         Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosDarkAngel 8/11/99 6:22 a.m.
                                               Re: i just think we should get the chance to choosMark Levin 8/11/99 7:04 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.