/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 12/5/01 12:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap? (Ben Potter)

: Heh, as the aforementioned party, I can say that indeed my effort is at the
: archives at: http://archives2.bungie.org/info/marathon.scenario.guide.hqx

: The project was nothing less than a database of every solo map (including
: some net maps for solo practice like Rockets of Fury) produced for the
: various Marathon incarnations. I've been updating it, but I haven't
: released anything recently.

Thanks, Ben. This is really an excellent compendium. You ought to release an update - especially with M Rubicon out there, now. I hadn't realized just how many scenarios I have never heard of, let alone played - some of which you rate at 4 or 5 stars! It's also nice to remember some of the best, but lesser known, scenarios I have played - scenarios like Gemini Station. Putting together a comprehensive roadmap would be a real chore!

: For my own part, I tried to keep Marathon: Fell within the confines of the
: broader logic of the series, essentially having a character from an
: earlier time period, developing the Enforcer backhistory a little, and
: introducing a new alien species. Hope this helps. If I had it all to do
: over, I might have spent more time with the terminals regarding backstory,
: though I do think I had quite a bit

Fell was definitely one of the better scenarios - very difficult on TC, but thoroughly enjoyable. You clearly beat Rubicocn to the nonlinear, multiple ending idea, but I seem to recall an M1 scenario that had a lot of different paths through the levels, with the very real possibility of going in loops.

I'd love to see a list of innovations in 3rd party scenarios. For example, there were no force fields in M1-Moo, but they appear in many 3rd party scenarios. Did Frigidman invent them, or did someone else get there first? I definitely give the Evil Group credit for using the Pfhor staff as the alien weapon - that was *so* cool. And getting to pilot a Juggernaut in Vengence - what a concept! Who was it who first used a clear liquid environment to simulate vaccuum within a non-vacuum level? What are some of the other inovations that other people liked?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Steve Levinson 12/5/01 9:39 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?SNoblitt 12/5/01 9:53 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Claude Errera 12/5/01 9:57 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Ben Potter 12/5/01 10:03 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Ben Potter 12/5/01 10:05 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Steve Levinson 12/5/01 12:04 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Mark Levin 12/5/01 12:33 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Steve Levinson 12/5/01 1:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Mark Levin 12/5/01 3:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Tru7h 12/5/01 4:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?SNoblitt 12/6/01 7:30 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Tru7h 12/7/01 2:18 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Ahruman 12/5/01 12:44 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Claude Errera 12/6/01 2:57 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Ben Potter 12/5/01 2:17 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?Steve Levinson 12/5/01 2:21 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?SNoblitt 12/6/01 7:35 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Scenario Roadmap?candyman 12/10/01 8:04 a.m.
                       Great Stuff! BUT!!Miguel Chavez 12/11/01 6:26 a.m.
                             Re: Great Stuff! BUT!!candyman 12/11/01 12:44 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.