/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggs
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/13/02 9:20 a.m.

In Response To: Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggs (:: Beer Can ::)

: What if the wasp is just a wasp?

Having been intrigued by the possibility that the wasp is a Pfhor at another phase in their life cycle or perhaps another sexual form of the Pfhor, I would tend to agree that wasps are probably a lower life form unrelated to the Pfhor. The reason that I believe this to be the case is that they tend to use them as a weapon and not for other purposes, such as companionship or reproduction. In the Marathon Trilogy itself, the wasps were an integral part of the invasion force and they seemed to play a protective role on thier own ship. They were not seen in M2 or Infinity at all, however, much to the detriment of those games IMHO. If the wasps were necessary for Pfhor reproduction, then why weren't they present on Lh'owon, where the Pfhor were stationed for 17 years. They would carry them with them on battleship, but not station them on Lh'owon? Unless there is a good reason, such as an incompatibility with Lh'owon's atmoshpere or environment, I just don't buy that.

Rubicon, of course, is another story, but Rubicon was written by a different team. My take on all of this is that the wasp is either an indigenous form of wildlife on Pfhor Prime or a species that the Pfhor encountered in their travels that they have genetically modifed to attack all non-Pfhor non-conditioned life forms. They are probably easier to mass produce than drones and equally effective.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 7:08 a.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 7:35 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 8:02 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsTru7h 7/12/02 10:55 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggs:: Beer Can :: 7/13/02 1:36 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/13/02 9:20 a.m.
                       Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/13/02 11:57 a.m.
                       Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsCallie21V 7/19/02 3:55 p.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsC Lund 7/12/02 9:26 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 10:03 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 10:32 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsTru7h 7/12/02 10:57 a.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsREB 7/12/02 4:40 p.m.
           lol *NM*Inverted Sock Puppet 7/12/02 7:39 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.