/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggs
Posted By: C LundDate: 7/12/02 9:26 a.m.

In Response To: A theory about the Wasps and eggs (Agent Shem)

: The other related thing is that, yes, the wasps could be what hatches out of
: those eggs. However, what pfhor creature could ever lay an egg that big?
: Maybe they have a queen, like a termite-ish kind of monstrosity. That
: would also reenforce my theory that the pfhor are essentially highly
: developed insects. And it would also make a good gross-out scenario! =^)

: What do you guys think?

My take on the pfhor biology is that they have different castes similar to those found in hive insects. The adult form depends on what one is fed from infancy to adulthood. Ants and termites, for instance, have queens, workers, drones, and soldiers. Afaik, they all hatch from the same eggs and have the same genetic material, but the kind of honey they are fed determines the adult form.

Apply this to the pfhor, and you have enforcers, fighters/troopers (same guys in different suits), hunters, and - imho - wasps (even though the blood is purple rather than yellow). This might also include juggernauts, since I'm not sure whether they are cyborgs, robots, or manned vehicles. (Rubicon's thinkers and High Pfhor are also different pfhor castes)

The drinniol and Sph't are slave races of no relation to the pfhor. My guess is that the lookers are either pfhor wildlife altered to ignore the pfhor, or perhaps they are also a specialized pfhor caste (note the purple blood).

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 7:08 a.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 7:35 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 8:02 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsTru7h 7/12/02 10:55 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggs:: Beer Can :: 7/13/02 1:36 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/13/02 9:20 a.m.
                       Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/13/02 11:57 a.m.
                       Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsCallie21V 7/19/02 3:55 p.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsC Lund 7/12/02 9:26 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 10:03 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 10:32 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsTru7h 7/12/02 10:57 a.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsREB 7/12/02 4:40 p.m.
           lol *NM*Inverted Sock Puppet 7/12/02 7:39 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.