/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggs
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/12/02 10:03 a.m.

In Response To: Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggs (C Lund)

: My take on the pfhor biology is that they have different castes similar
: to those found in hive insects. The adult form depends on what one
: is fed from infancy to adulthood. Ants and termites, for instance, have
: queens, workers, drones, and soldiers. Apply this to the pfhor, and
: you have enforcers, fighters/troopers (same guys in different suits),
: hunters, and - imho - wasps (even though the blood is purple rather
: than yellow). Rubicon's thinkers and High Pfhor are also different
: pfhor castes.

Applying Earth insect developmental biology to the Pfhor is just as dangerous as applying human biology - Pfhor development could involve a combination of methods seen on Earth, or something entirely different. All of the Pfhor subtypes are triopic, whereas the wasp doesn't have anything resembling eyes and, as you mentioned, the blood is a different color. I tend to think that the wasps are either a juvenile form of Pfhor, as Agent Shem suggested, or perhaps even the reverse - a senile form. Alternatively, they might be a different species entirely or even from a different planet, and genetically reengineered by the Pfhor.

: This might also include juggernauts, since I'm not sure whether they
: are cyborgs, robots, or manned vehicles.

I had never considered the possibility of them being manned vehicles until Mark Levin pulled off his famous trick in OV. They sure seem to have a face, however, and they definitely have Pfhor eyes (suprisingly close together, however, for long range depth perception). It's possible that a fighter/trooper or enforcer sits inside one and neurologically interfaces directly with the eyes and controls, but my guess would be that they're cybernetic or robotic. They certainly are mechanized and not the result of natural evolution.

: My guess is that the lookers are either pfhor wildlife altered to ignore
: the pfhor, or perhaps they are also a specialized pfhor caste (note the
: purple blood).

I would vote for a different species - either ambient wildlife or a species from another planet, altered and perhaps trained as suggested by Agent Shem to run toward anything that isn't Pfhor. The Pfhor obviously have the technology to do this with any species - look at what they did with human simulcrums (but then why the green blood?).

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 7:08 a.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 7:35 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 8:02 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsTru7h 7/12/02 10:55 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggs:: Beer Can :: 7/13/02 1:36 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/13/02 9:20 a.m.
                       Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/13/02 11:57 a.m.
                       Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsCallie21V 7/19/02 3:55 p.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsC Lund 7/12/02 9:26 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 10:03 a.m.
                 Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsAgent Shem 7/12/02 10:32 a.m.
           Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsTru7h 7/12/02 10:57 a.m.
     Re: A theory about the Wasps and eggsREB 7/12/02 4:40 p.m.
           lol *NM*Inverted Sock Puppet 7/12/02 7:39 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.