/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: What exactly IS "their description?"
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 7/11/02 12:23 a.m.

In Response To: What exactly IS "their description?" *NM* (Don Pistola)

According to the legends of a thousand worlds only a few of which are still habitable, the W'rkncacnter are those things that live in chaos, creating it around them.  At the beginning of the universe, they were unmistakable in their entities, but as time has gone by, their existence has become difficult to detect among the chaotic elements of the universe, hidden in stars, trapped in storms, forever looking along the event horizons of black holes.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too much like the Marine. However, a fairly common concept in more fantastical sci-fi is the idea of a formless being being "forced" into a physical body in order to escape or conceal itself, so there's mileage left in this argument yet...

The most interesting idea from this discussion is the idea that Thoth wanted to release the W'rk. Would he see order and chaos as 2 things to balance (and therefor to meddle with)?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What if W'rcanctr were GOOD?Agent Shem 7/10/02 3:37 p.m.
     Re: What if W'rcanctr were GOOD?M-Class 7/10/02 3:47 p.m.
     Re: What if W'rcanctr were GOOD?Dan Aris 7/10/02 4:14 p.m.
           Re: What if W'rcanctr were GOOD?darky 7/11/02 4:42 a.m.
     Re: What if W'rcanctr were GOOD?Steve Levinson 7/10/02 4:39 p.m.
           What exactly IS "their description?" *NM*Don Pistola 7/10/02 7:01 p.m.
                 Re: What exactly IS "their description?"Mark Levin 7/11/02 12:23 a.m.
                       I think cyborg was a W'rk, now that I think on itAgent Shem 7/11/02 6:19 a.m.
     I never figured out the EGG.... *NM*Vid Boi 7/10/02 6:22 p.m.
           You may be on to something...;^) *NM*Agent Shem 7/11/02 3:33 p.m.
     Re: What if W'rcanctr were GOOD?archon 7/14/02 12:20 p.m.
           Re: What if W'rcanctr were GOOD?Agent Shem 7/14/02 12:31 p.m.
                 Re: What if W'rcanctr were GOOD?archon 7/16/02 10:41 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.