/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: More Halo backstory details
Posted By: elethiomelDate: 8/1/01 2:05 a.m.

In Response To: More Halo backstory details (Hamish Sinclair)

The more I read of the Halo backstory the harder I find it to reconcile with the Marathon Story. The main problems I see are;

If Earth (presumably the UESC) have FTL flight in the 26th century, why don't they1, Contact the Marathon in flight.

2, Start the colony at Tau Ceti with FTL ships. Tau Ceti must be the closest suitable colony world to Earth, because no sane person would send a generation ship on a longer flight than necessary (I mean a 300 year journey!).

3, Why weren't their any Human ships at least waiting Tau Ceti when the Marathon arrived several centuries latter.

We can explain 1 and 3 by saying, "It would be to hard to intercept a ship in interstellar space doing some (small) fraction of the speed of light" and "Well the Covenant have knocked humanity back to the dark ages by the end of Halo!".

However this still leaves 2, even if the Covenant blew a Tau Ceti colony sky high there would be traces of occupation that the crew of the Marathon could never overlook.

Of course I could well be wrong.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

More Halo backstory detailsHamish Sinclair 7/30/01 10:35 p.m.
     Re: More Halo backstory detailselethiomel 8/1/01 2:05 a.m.
           Good pointsHamish Sinclair 8/1/01 8:37 a.m.
           Re: More Halo backstory detailsSon of Grd'nl 8/1/01 10:44 a.m.
                 Re: More Halo backstory detailsBrian Dubick 8/1/01 12:12 p.m.
                       Re: More Halo backstory detailsInverted Sock Puppet 8/1/01 10:34 p.m.
                             Re: More Halo backstory detailsTynskel 8/2/01 2:41 a.m.
                                   Re: More Halo backstory detailsInverted Sock Puppet 8/3/01 1:03 a.m.
                                         Re: More Halo backstory detailsBrian Dubick 8/3/01 8:39 a.m.
                                               Re: More Halo backstory detailsREB 8/3/01 12:35 p.m.
                                                     Re: More Halo backstory detailsHamish Sinclair 8/3/01 1:06 p.m.
                                                           Re: More Halo backstory detailsREB 8/3/01 2:20 p.m.
           Re: More Halo backstory detailsNeutronBomb 8/2/01 4:19 p.m.
                 Re: More Halo backstory detailsSon of Grd'nl 8/2/01 5:56 p.m.
                       Re: More Halo backstory detailsAdmiral Tfear 8/3/01 9:44 a.m.
                 Re: More Halo backstory detailsNeutronBomb 8/3/01 6:43 p.m.
           Re: More Halo backstory detailsseptimus 8/3/01 10:50 a.m.
           Re: More Halo backstory detailsMatrixx 9/13/03 11:02 p.m.
                 Re: More Halo backstory detailsKillJoy 9/14/03 1:53 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.