/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: More Halo backstory details
Posted By: NeutronBombDate: 8/3/01 6:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: More Halo backstory details (NeutronBomb)

Also, I think you can get more Marathon/Halo connections from the Cortana letters. One that really jumped out at me, from the third letter,

"I have begun to sense rumblings of a worse fate yet to come. I can recall
a sun - black, but shining - and the creatures that inched along its fiery
tracks.

It is an increasingly unpleasant memory."

Shades of "The sun burned them, but they swam on it's surface." perhaps?

Also, I think the Halo ring construct orbiting the gas giant bears and uncanny resembelance to the Jjaro space station near Lh'owon. That station prevents the W'rkncacnter from escaping, similarly, the ring construct that orbits the gas giant holds the seceret to an immense power. Is a W'rkncacnter trapped in the sun there? Perhaps the reason the Covenant followed us here was to prevent us from accidentaly releasing it.

Or perhaps they do not want us to discover the Jjaro secerets there, secerets that would change the tide of the humanity vs Covenant war.

And where are the creators of Halo anyway? Perhaps they "vanished from out galaxy millions of years ago"...

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

More Halo backstory detailsHamish Sinclair 7/30/01 10:35 p.m.
     Re: More Halo backstory detailselethiomel 8/1/01 2:05 a.m.
           Good pointsHamish Sinclair 8/1/01 8:37 a.m.
           Re: More Halo backstory detailsSon of Grd'nl 8/1/01 10:44 a.m.
                 Re: More Halo backstory detailsBrian Dubick 8/1/01 12:12 p.m.
                       Re: More Halo backstory detailsInverted Sock Puppet 8/1/01 10:34 p.m.
                             Re: More Halo backstory detailsTynskel 8/2/01 2:41 a.m.
                                   Re: More Halo backstory detailsInverted Sock Puppet 8/3/01 1:03 a.m.
                                         Re: More Halo backstory detailsBrian Dubick 8/3/01 8:39 a.m.
                                               Re: More Halo backstory detailsREB 8/3/01 12:35 p.m.
                                                     Re: More Halo backstory detailsHamish Sinclair 8/3/01 1:06 p.m.
                                                           Re: More Halo backstory detailsREB 8/3/01 2:20 p.m.
           Re: More Halo backstory detailsNeutronBomb 8/2/01 4:19 p.m.
                 Re: More Halo backstory detailsSon of Grd'nl 8/2/01 5:56 p.m.
                       Re: More Halo backstory detailsAdmiral Tfear 8/3/01 9:44 a.m.
                 Re: More Halo backstory detailsNeutronBomb 8/3/01 6:43 p.m.
           Re: More Halo backstory detailsseptimus 8/3/01 10:50 a.m.
           Re: More Halo backstory detailsMatrixx 9/13/03 11:02 p.m.
                 Re: More Halo backstory detailsKillJoy 9/14/03 1:53 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.