/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearby
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 7/6/12 7:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearby (Philtron)

: It only limits the replayability if the only thing you care about is being
: surprised, which is a valid but superficial way to play the game.

Yes, but eventually you'll get bored, especially when the AI is as poor as it is in Marathon. Now, the first level of Halo actually has a lot of replay value, but only because the AI will do new things each time you play. In Marathon, you can just learn the same old cycle for a level. Lather, rinse, repeat.

: Also, from one of your other posts it sounds like you're playing Marathon
: with crosshairs on. What are you doing playing Marathon with crosshairs
: on?

Heh, I never played Marathon. Just Aleph One. ;) Basically, I'm not a stickler for keeping true to Marathon. If Aleph One is even superficially true to it, I'm happy. This is why I like the fog in M1A1; it makes the game even better. I play Infinity with the Texture Enhancement Pack as well as the Weapons Enhancement Pack. If the game plays the same, I don't care if the aesthetics are different. Crosshairs will do just fine. Especially when you're playing Sniper with an SMG.

Cheers,
Perseus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 6/29/12 12:07 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyGodot 6/29/12 12:26 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 6/29/12 1:14 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyGodot 6/29/12 1:23 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 6/29/12 1:34 p.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearbytreellama 6/29/12 2:12 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 6/29/12 2:38 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyYossarian 7/3/12 12:43 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyJabberwok 7/6/12 6:17 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/6/12 8:33 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearbytreellama 7/6/12 9:02 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/6/12 12:14 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPhiltron 7/6/12 3:16 p.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/6/12 7:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPhiltron 7/7/12 1:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/7/12 4:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyJabberwok 7/10/12 4:04 a.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyJabberwok 7/10/12 3:54 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearbytreellama 7/6/12 9:32 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/6/12 12:24 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyJabberwok 7/10/12 3:50 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/10/12 7:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.