/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearby
Posted By: JabberwokDate: 7/6/12 6:17 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearby (Yossarian)

: The theta error is described in the Marathon manual as a manufacturing
: defect, which is plausible if the weapon we're using was perhaps a clone
: or "shop model" made by Martian rebels/separatists and hidden in
: the Marathon and/or eventually added to its security inventory. It seems
: to me that a military-grade weapons manufacturer wouldn't have made so
: many rifles with such an obvious flaw; perhaps given the layout of Mars
: bases, space stations, and the Marathon itself, which are really only
: tight corridors or expanded enclosed spaces, it made more sense to have a
: repeating rifle that was more effective at clearing things at close ranges
: than shooting accurately at great distances (which the grenade launcher
: seems better suited for).

I actually loved the inaccuracy of the AR, because it was great for running and gunning. I could still hit something without worrying whether I was aiming directly at it. It may have been for this reason that I found automatic weapons in other FPS games so annoying.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 6/29/12 12:07 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyGodot 6/29/12 12:26 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 6/29/12 1:14 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyGodot 6/29/12 1:23 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 6/29/12 1:34 p.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearbytreellama 6/29/12 2:12 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 6/29/12 2:38 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyYossarian 7/3/12 12:43 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyJabberwok 7/6/12 6:17 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/6/12 8:33 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearbytreellama 7/6/12 9:02 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/6/12 12:14 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPhiltron 7/6/12 3:16 p.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/6/12 7:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPhiltron 7/7/12 1:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/7/12 4:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyJabberwok 7/10/12 4:04 a.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyJabberwok 7/10/12 3:54 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns Nearbytreellama 7/6/12 9:32 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/6/12 12:24 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyJabberwok 7/10/12 3:50 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Bigger Guns NearbyPerseusSpartacus 7/10/12 7:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.