/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A community in decline?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/27/05 2:08 p.m.

In Response To: A community in decline? (Claude Errera)

: In answer to Steve L. - HBO doesn't monopolize my life or take over my
: personality - are you suggesting it has because I expressed annoyance at
: someone griping about 5 or 6 spam posts over a 3 month period (by their
: count, no less)?

No offense, Claude, but you've come off a bit more negatively than the complainers you're complaining about. That's all I meant by this. Are we in decline - well, this place has always waxed and waned. Every now and then a big topic comes along and the place springs to life. At other times, we can go nearly all day without a post. It has been sad to see some of the old regulars drifting away. I miss hearing from Mark Levin, John Sumner and even Blayne and I are posting a lot less than we used to. Sooner or later everyone gets new priorities, but I've seen a lot of new "faces" around here and the community is very much alive.

Me - I'm getting ready to move to Detroit at the end of August, so my life's topsy-turvey right now. It's strange to be moving after 13 years at the University of Rochester, but it's time to move onto a place that actually values my work. I'll probably post less and less here as I get closer to my moving date and for a while afterwards, but I'd love to contribute to another volunteers effort if others are game. DiaBD/EMR and Trojan come to mind as scenarios that demand to be volunteered. Anyone interested in taking this on with some help from yours truly?

Oh, and speaking of moving, the Rubicon Volunteers will have to move. Earthlink doesn't offer broadband in Detroit, and my ece.rochester.edu e-mail address will obviously also be abandoned. I plan to move everything to mac.com - I'll post a notice here once I've done so. It's too bad that all the links from my volunteers posts to the forum will break. Oh well . . .

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

better login system?Hawkeyefile 5/25/05 12:58 p.m.
     i like it... *NM*Johannes Gunnar 5/25/05 2:15 p.m.
     Re: better login system?Forrest of B.org 5/25/05 3:01 p.m.
           Re: better login system?Hawkeyefile 5/25/05 3:10 p.m.
                 Re: better login system?Adam Ashwell 5/25/05 3:27 p.m.
                 Re: better login system?Johannes Gunnar 5/25/05 11:20 p.m.
                 Re: better login system?Claude Errera 5/26/05 6:08 a.m.
                       Re: better login system?Bob-B-Q 5/26/05 7:17 a.m.
                             Re: better login system?Claude Errera 5/26/05 7:30 a.m.
                                   Re: better login system?Bob-B-Q 5/26/05 8:06 a.m.
                                         They are always deleted though *NM*D-M.A. 5/26/05 9:20 a.m.
                                         Re: better login system?Claude Errera 5/26/05 10:24 a.m.
                                               Re: better login system?D-M.A. 5/26/05 11:05 a.m.
                                                     Re: better login system?Jacke 5/26/05 12:04 p.m.
                                                     Re: better login system?Vid Boi 5/26/05 11:30 p.m.
                                                           Re: better login system?Steve Levinson 5/27/05 5:49 a.m.
                                                     A community in decline?Claude Errera 5/27/05 9:40 a.m.
                                                           I completely agree... *NM*Tycho 5/27/05 10:10 a.m.
                                                           Re: A community in decline?D-M.A. 5/27/05 11:24 a.m.
                                                           Re: A community in decline?Bob-B-Q 5/27/05 12:17 p.m.
                                                                 Re: A community in decline?Jacke 5/27/05 12:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: A community in decline?Yossarian 5/27/05 2:04 p.m.
                                                           Re: A community in decline?Steve Levinson 5/27/05 2:08 p.m.
                                                           Re: A community in decline?Vid Boi 5/28/05 11:34 a.m.
                                                                 Very nicely put *NM*Steve Levinson 5/28/05 12:32 p.m.
                                                           Re: A community in decline?Yossarian 6/1/05 8:01 p.m.
                                                                 Re: A community in decline?Kyjel 6/1/05 8:47 p.m.
                                                                       Re: A community in decline?Steve Levinson 6/2/05 3:59 a.m.
                                                                             Re: A community in decline?Yossarian 6/2/05 9:03 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: A community in decline?Steve Levinson 6/2/05 1:03 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: A community in decline?Yossarian 6/2/05 7:12 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: A community in decline?Syngekhoomei 6/2/05 8:50 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: A community in decline? (OT)Steve Levinson 6/3/05 7:19 a.m.
                                                                                                     The "after" picture nearly made me throw up. *NM*Callie21V 6/6/05 9:00 a.m.
                                   Re: better login system? **OT**Me_43 5/26/05 7:08 p.m.
                                         Mushroom, mushroom! *NM*Vid Boi 5/26/05 11:31 p.m.
                                               Snake! Oh! It's a snake!Forrest of B.org 5/27/05 7:38 a.m.
                             Re: better login system?Speaker-To-Animals 5/26/05 2:24 p.m.
                                   Re: better login system?Forrest of B.org 5/27/05 8:23 a.m.
                       Re: better login system?Hawkeyefile 5/26/05 3:44 p.m.
                             Re: better login system?Bob-B-Q 5/26/05 4:35 p.m.
                                   Re: better login system?Jacke 5/27/05 12:31 a.m.
     Re: better login system?Adam Ashwell 5/25/05 3:29 p.m.
           Can we even CALL it a login system? *NM*Andromeda_5[Kilo] 5/26/05 12:35 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.