/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...
Posted By: ErnieDate: 4/12/04 1:30 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's Nightmare (Mark Levin)

: It's the terminal on Can you Say Mosh Pit.

: I also believed that you were the Marathon Marine, until I looked ahead at
: some of the terminals while preparing for this run. More on this later :P

: Yes, I believe they are W'rkncacnters.

Really? I was under the impression that they were corrupted, former Jjaro. Their appearance as vaguely Pfhor like I discounted as perhaps their source race. Jjaro, I believe is less an genetic race, but a collective of beings. Or, failing that, Ian just thought the Three-eyed look was neat. : )

I don't recall where this is mentioned in the Trilogy, but if (when) the Marine escapes this universe, he too would become 'Jjaro'.

I disagree with the analysis that the brother are W'rkncacnters, unless Ian has explicitly said so. Even then, I'd believe that Ian made an error in his judgment calling them that. W'rkncacnters are beings of chaos, sleeping gods, if existing in our universe (that once awakened) unleash chaos, intentionally or otherwise.
The brother, while wreaking havoc, seem - well - a little small time for W'rkncacnter.

The prospect of their existence being Jjaro (who, assuming they once had bipedal, biological forms) I find far more juicy from an storyline perspective.

From here on in, I'll launch into some extended Mara-verse prospects:

Look at Forrest's idea that The Jjaro (Forerunners?) constructed Halo installations to prevent an biological threat long ago that could animate living and dead matter - the Flood in the Halo/UNSC time line serves this purpose in the outline for M:Eternal.

Although Forrest seems reluctant to totally separate the Halo and Marathon universes, (although there are some very real time line conflicts) I earlier proposed an modification on his theroy:

Perhaps *similar* circumstances occurred in the Marathon universe:
-a biological threat was posed to the Jjaro
- the threat forced them to eschew biological form, with help of Nanomachines, etc.
-they constructed installations to contain/destroy the threat

However, in the Marathon time line, the Flood didn't exist. Perhaps it was these "Organics", however they came into being, serving as this threat.

If they were created by an Jjaro (Possibly Joshua, lord of Organics?) they infected him for whatever reason - now he seeks whatever his goals are. We'll find out later in the RED volunteers series.

His 'brother', lord of the Metalloids, was perhaps also part of the Jjaro sub races - although overtaken for whatever reason by nanomachines the Jjaro created (eschewing Organic form) as a step towards their Cybernetic existence - and eventual escape from the universe.

Now, this is going out on a very thin line of the extended Marathon-universe. Since the Trilogy has been analyzed to death, it's interesting to forge connections in the extended realm which I traverse. You know, for kicks.

Back to you Mark. : )

-Blayne [ernie]

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareMark Levin 4/12/04 10:54 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareDr. John Sumner 4/12/04 11:35 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareDr. John Sumner 4/12/04 11:48 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareSteve Levinson 4/12/04 12:04 p.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareDr. John Sumner 4/12/04 12:09 p.m.
                 I know exactly what you did - very cleaver! *NM*Steve Levinson 4/12/04 12:50 p.m.
                       As in: Ward, June, Wally, and Beaver? *NM*Yossarian 4/12/04 3:13 p.m.
                             Are you moking my speling? *NM*Steve Levinson 4/14/04 5:09 a.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareMark Levin 4/12/04 12:20 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's Nightmarerampancy 4/12/04 12:09 p.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareMark Levin 4/12/04 12:26 p.m.
                 Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...Ernie 4/12/04 1:30 p.m.
                       Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...Mark Levin 4/12/04 2:04 p.m.
                       Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...rampancy 4/12/04 2:08 p.m.
                       Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...Forrest of B.org 4/13/04 8:21 p.m.
                             Whatever, you don't mess with THE W'rkncacnter *NM*ukimalefu 4/13/04 9:14 p.m.
                                   Re: Whatever, you don't mess with THE W'rkncacnterForrest of B.org 4/14/04 6:36 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.