/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's Nightmare
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 4/12/04 11:35 a.m.

In Response To: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's Nightmare (Mark Levin)

: You're dropped into a desolate canyon full of Organics, accompanied by a
: squad of marines and a few Assault Drones . Mop up everything, starting
: with the golden Beast to your left, and including the Metalloids inside
: the nearby structure.

Instead of proceeding in the usual way that Mark mentions, here is an alternative way to get to the first PB without doing very much fighting at all and without losing much of your shield (if any). When you first teleport it, there is a Gold Beast to your immediate left. After defeating it, go into the small niche where the Beast was sitting. The wall in that niche is a little more than 1 WU high. Use the secondary trigger of the Omega Cannon to launch yourself over that wall. It will leave you on the other side of the level and very close to the first PB that you encounter. Moreover you won't activate any of the enemies in the area (as long as you go straight to the PB). That way, you can bypass (for now) the first half of the level. Of course you will still have to deal with the first half later, but at least this alternative way gets you to a PB quickly and efficiently.

: jump down onto that ledge and use it to reach the hole in the eastern
: building. There are 2 mine packs in here

If you stand "outside" the hole and walk along the wall toward the opening in the hole, you are suddenly transported inside the hole without doing any jumping through the opening. I didn't bother to check, but I suppose one of the walls of the hole was constructed in error to be "transparent" when it shouldn't be, or there is some other similar line error.

: Once you pass under
: the force field point, look back up at the gate and shoot the switch on
: the opposite side (use the shotgun shells near the tree if you're low).
: This opens the large metal gate.

Ok, there is a way to avoid shooting this switch. I only discovered this because you do not have a shotgun under vidmaster rules. So to film this level I had to come up with another way to lower the force field AND lower that gate. Go back to the switch that you just came from to lower the force field. Hit that switch 2 more times. The first extra hit raises the force field back up, but lowers the gate. The second extra hit lowers the force field ONLY and does not affect the gate. In other words, hitting that switch a total of 3 times will lower the force field AND lower the gate without using any shotgun shells at all.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareMark Levin 4/12/04 10:54 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareDr. John Sumner 4/12/04 11:35 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareDr. John Sumner 4/12/04 11:48 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareSteve Levinson 4/12/04 12:04 p.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareDr. John Sumner 4/12/04 12:09 p.m.
                 I know exactly what you did - very cleaver! *NM*Steve Levinson 4/12/04 12:50 p.m.
                       As in: Ward, June, Wally, and Beaver? *NM*Yossarian 4/12/04 3:13 p.m.
                             Are you moking my speling? *NM*Steve Levinson 4/14/04 5:09 a.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareMark Levin 4/12/04 12:20 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's Nightmarerampancy 4/12/04 12:09 p.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Jägermeister's NightmareMark Levin 4/12/04 12:26 p.m.
                 Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...Ernie 4/12/04 1:30 p.m.
                       Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...Mark Levin 4/12/04 2:04 p.m.
                       Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...rampancy 4/12/04 2:08 p.m.
                       Re: Brothers W'rkncacnters? Ah...Forrest of B.org 4/13/04 8:21 p.m.
                             Whatever, you don't mess with THE W'rkncacnter *NM*ukimalefu 4/13/04 9:14 p.m.
                                   Re: Whatever, you don't mess with THE W'rkncacnterForrest of B.org 4/14/04 6:36 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.