/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: help me out...to read this
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/6/04 6:54 a.m.

In Response To: Re: help me out...to read this (goran)

Goran,

What you experienced is one of two things - an absense seizure or an altered mental state. Altered mental states are very interesting and difficult to describe - it's a sort of self-hypnosis and most bright people can train themselves to entere this sort of state at will. Yoga is a lot like this, as is trancendental meditation. In your case, you may have entered such a state somewhat accidentally through your deep thoughts. If you work on it, you can probably do it again - it's pretty cool - and you can control the nature of the experience. You can also train yourself to become conscious during dreaming when you're asleep and to control your dreams, but this takes incredible concentration, as most of us just wake up.

Oh, and regarding human evolution, there really is no missing link anymore. The fossle record is now available throughout most of hominid evolution. The only controversies remaining seem to be when we branched off from the line that lead to gorillas and chimps and whether some of the hominids that have been discovered are true ancestors or actual dead ends - mere branches in the hominid family tree. There was no sudden leap - the trates we thing of as human develped slowly, bit by bit, and the only reason the gap seems so large now is that all of our direct ancestors are extinct - many of them quite possibly at the hands of their offspring species.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

help me out...to read thisgoran 4/4/04 3:04 p.m.
     Re: help me out...to read thisYossarian 4/4/04 6:30 p.m.
           Re: help me out...to read thisukimalefu 4/4/04 8:33 p.m.
                 Re: help me out...to read thisgoran 4/5/04 12:01 a.m.
                       Re: help me out...to read thisSteve Levinson 4/5/04 6:46 p.m.
                             Re: help me out...to read thisgoran 4/6/04 5:16 a.m.
                                   Re: help me out...to read thisSteve Levinson 4/6/04 6:54 a.m.
                                         Re: help me out...to read thisJohannes Gunnar 4/6/04 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: help me out...to read thisgoran 4/6/04 9:08 a.m.
                                                     Re: help me out...to read thisSteve Levinson 4/6/04 10:21 a.m.
                                                           Re: help me out...to read thisYossarian 4/6/04 11:51 a.m.
                                                           Re: help me out...to read thisgoran 4/6/04 2:19 p.m.
                                               Re: help me out...to read thisSteve Levinson 4/6/04 9:41 a.m.
                                         Re: help me out...to read thisgoran 4/6/04 9:14 a.m.
                                               Re: help me out...to read thisSteve Levinson 4/6/04 10:36 a.m.
                                                     Re: help me out...to read thisYossarian 4/6/04 11:40 a.m.
                                                           Re: help me out...to read thisForrest of B.org 4/6/04 5:03 p.m.
                                                                 Re: help me out...to read thisYossarian 4/6/04 6:13 p.m.
                                                           Re: help me out...to read thisForrest of B.org 4/7/04 7:04 a.m.
                                                                 Re: help me out...to read thisSteve Levinson 4/7/04 8:34 a.m.
                                                                       Re: help me out...to read thisForrest of B.org 4/7/04 10:41 a.m.
                                                                       Re: help me out...to read thisForrest of B.org 4/7/04 10:41 a.m.
                                                                             Appologies for the double-posts...Forrest of B.org 4/7/04 10:42 a.m.
                                                                             Re: help me out...to read thisSteve Levinson 4/7/04 11:36 a.m.
                                                                                   Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Forrest of B.org 4/10/04 12:09 p.m.
                                                                                         Yikes!!! *NM*ukimalefu 4/10/04 4:21 p.m.
                                                                                         I'll wait for Cliff's Notes *NM*Siphonopho 4/10/04 7:34 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Yossarian 4/10/04 7:51 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Forrest of B.org 4/10/04 10:27 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Yossarian 4/11/04 2:55 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Forrest of B.org 4/12/04 8:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Yossarian 4/12/04 4:41 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Elliott 4/11/04 5:24 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Yossarian 4/11/04 7:04 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Elliott 4/11/04 10:25 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Fobo's "Philosophy..." (part 1 rough draft)Lt Devon 4/10/04 9:55 p.m.
                                                                                               INRTLB :-P *NM*ukimalefu 4/11/04 12:56 p.m.
                                                                                         You have a lot of mental energy.K-chi 4/11/04 1:19 p.m.
           Re: help me out...to read thisgoran 4/5/04 12:32 a.m.
                 Re: help me out...to read thisukimalefu 4/5/04 5:10 p.m.
                       THE MATRIX HAS YOU!ukimalefu 4/6/04 11:18 a.m.
     Re: help me out...to read thisVid Boi 4/6/04 2:04 p.m.
           Re: help me out...to read thisJohannes Gunnar 4/6/04 3:14 p.m.
                 Re: help me out...to read thisAdam Ashwell 4/6/04 4:19 p.m.
                 Army of Darkness *NM*Yossarian 4/6/04 4:30 p.m.
                       But originally from The Day the Earth Stood Still *NM*the Battle Cat 4/7/04 6:37 a.m.
                             One of the greatest Sci-Fi movies of all time *NM*Steve Levinson 4/7/04 8:22 a.m.
                 Myth II: Soulblighter. The Deceiver. [no message] *NM*Andrew Nagy 4/7/04 5:14 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.