/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 3/29/04 6:11 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis? (Forrest of B.org)

: I agree, I was not suggesting a merger of any scenarios. Simply an alignment
: of plot details for compatability's sake.

I have mixed feelings about that. While I would love to see a unified theory that binds the major 3rd party scenarios, each needs to stand on its own and mapmakers need to be free to come up with their own interpretations. The reason I'm bringing this up is that I was about to e-mail Blayne about my own suggestions for the release of the W'rkncacnter when your post showed up. Although the choice is clearly Ernie's to make, I would hate to see him drawn to your intriguing theory about the W'rkncacnter without looking at existing Marathon cannon. As much as I like your theory and think it is utterly cool, everything we know about the W'rkncacnter from M2 and Infinity suggests that they were free-floating at one time and imprisoned by the Jjaro in Lh'owon's sun. Could this be where they were supposed to be in the first place? Sure, but there is nothing else to support it. My own theory is that the W'rkncacnter are trans-dimensional beings that were released into our universe by the Jjaro as a result of their early experiments in escaping the inevitable closure. Since a part of WMaiD involves Durandal's intention to use Jjaro technology to do the same, it just made more sense to me to introduce the W'rkncacnter this way rather than through the use of the trih xeem. But that is up to Ernie.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/25/04 12:44 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Yossarian 3/25/04 12:47 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Mark Levin 3/25/04 3:24 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/25/04 4:59 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Yossarian 3/25/04 6:07 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/25/04 8:18 p.m.
                       Interesting proposition Forrest, very interesting!Ernie 3/25/04 8:51 p.m.
                             Re: Interesting proposition Forrest, very interestForrest of B.org 3/25/04 10:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Interesting proposition Forrest, very interestAndrew Nagy 3/29/04 8:09 p.m.
                                         Or Pfh'J? *NM*Andrew Nagy 3/31/04 9:18 a.m.
                       Give me some time - I have to work today! *NM*Steve Levinson 3/26/04 2:45 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/26/04 7:51 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Ernie 3/26/04 11:56 a.m.
                                   I'll e-mail you soon as I sync up my PB. *NM*Steve Levinson 3/26/04 12:15 p.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/28/04 9:43 p.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/29/04 6:11 a.m.
                                         WMaiD - Eternal - Rubicon, attn: Forrest : )Ernie 3/31/04 5:01 p.m.
                                               Re: WMaiD - Eternal - Rubicon, attn: Forrest : )Forrest of B.org 4/2/04 2:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.