/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Interesting proposition Forrest, very interest
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 3/25/04 10:09 p.m.

In Response To: Interesting proposition Forrest, very interesting! (Ernie)

: Tonight I'll write up an outline of where WMaiD stands now, and mail it out
: to you tomorrow. Although its almost 2:00 am where I am now... i have no
: class tomorrow and this will keep me awake all night if I don't write it
: out.

Excellent! I'll have something to entertain me at work tomorrow :-)

: WmaiD also incorporates some elements of Marathon:Red (Ian M.'s Human version
: of the Juggernauts that are 4legged and mech-like, and the shocktrooper in
: bulky armor, for example). I'm interested to see how Mark Levin's
: Voulenteers for M:Red works out in fitting Red into the larger mara-verse.

That would be very nice, if RED could fit into this as well. It'd be interesting to see how well EVIL/SoNK fits into this whole deal as well. That would cover most of the major scenarios out there besides Tempus Irae, which pretty clearly contradicts Eternal as far as S'bhuth goes, as well as the ending and the nature of the Jjaro - but I don't think TI was focused too much on story anyway.

: I'm curious through Forrest. Are you seeking to merge Eternal with WmaiD with
: Adam's yet unannounced scenario? Or are you just aiming to have a
: comptability of story among them? Merging I think would water them down
: due to the limitations of the macintosh Resource fork and Marathon Shape
: file. I'm all for, however, streamlining storylines.

I agree, trying to merge, say, Eternal and WMaiD, two almost-done scenarios, would dilute the both of them due to resource (with a more generic lower-case 'r') limitations. I'm seeking mostly just for story compatability. However, from my and Adam's conversation the other night it sounds like his scenario could tail rather nicely in straight off the end of WMaiD, depending of course on how your plot is laid out so far. And of course on whether his team wants to do that. But Adam seemed of the opinion that attempting to tack on his project to WMaiD would be a bad thing, cause you're almost done and they're not even starting.

: Back when I began the MaraFF I voiced the opinon that there should be a kind
: of Story Page for 3rd party scenarios. Not rinky-dink, three level ones,
: but the extensive works this community has created.

I rather like that idea - a Marathon Extended Universe. I actually had this idea waay the hell back when you had Forever More, Chimera, Rameses, Haydon, etc... all these big projects I had my fingers in that I wanted to make compatible with each other. Rameses died and Haydon was assimilated and Chimera became Rubicon and diverged significantly from where I took the Forever More plot into Eternal... but it would be awesome to see it all come back together again.

: Anyhow, I'll email you tomorrow regarding WMaiD's current storyline.

w00t! Thanks!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/25/04 12:44 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Yossarian 3/25/04 12:47 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Mark Levin 3/25/04 3:24 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/25/04 4:59 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Yossarian 3/25/04 6:07 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/25/04 8:18 p.m.
                       Interesting proposition Forrest, very interesting!Ernie 3/25/04 8:51 p.m.
                             Re: Interesting proposition Forrest, very interestForrest of B.org 3/25/04 10:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Interesting proposition Forrest, very interestAndrew Nagy 3/29/04 8:09 p.m.
                                         Or Pfh'J? *NM*Andrew Nagy 3/31/04 9:18 a.m.
                       Give me some time - I have to work today! *NM*Steve Levinson 3/26/04 2:45 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/26/04 7:51 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Ernie 3/26/04 11:56 a.m.
                                   I'll e-mail you soon as I sync up my PB. *NM*Steve Levinson 3/26/04 12:15 p.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/28/04 9:43 p.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/29/04 6:11 a.m.
                                         WMaiD - Eternal - Rubicon, attn: Forrest : )Ernie 3/31/04 5:01 p.m.
                                               Re: WMaiD - Eternal - Rubicon, attn: Forrest : )Forrest of B.org 4/2/04 2:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.