/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?
Posted By: YossarianDate: 3/25/04 6:07 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis? (Steve Levinson)

: In the end, it may well be
: better to let the Dangi Board succeed, even though they are evil, as
: eventually they will be defeated and humankind will once again be free. If
: Durandal gets ahold of Achilles, he will always know that he can use it
: should he ever feel threatened or need to use humanity for his own
: personal gain.

True, it's a hard decision to make. Personally, I'd trust Durandal more. He did once tell us that he felt a strange loyalty towards humanity, however he has enslaved the player, why not the rest of humanity? But still, they say the devil you know is better than the devil you don't...Again, on the other hand, Durandal does end up with a Jjaro dreadnaught just 10,000 years after the war, so its apparent he finds other toys to play with. He must not have been too interested in humanity, what with chasing rogue stars and digging up Jjarotech. So yeah, I'd stick with D.

There is a third choice however - one that we are never
: given the chance to take in the game. Tycho makes us an offer and, just as
: in Infinity where it is necessary to help Tycho to ultimately prevent the
: release of the W'rkncacnter, by helping Tycho there is just a chance that
: we may be able to prevent Durandal from acquiring Achilles, prevent
: Achilles from being released and make sure that the Pfhor are defeated in
: the end. Too bad we aren't given the chance to try that route - or are we?

I think that based on past experience, it would be foolish to trust Tycho in any measure. I always got the feeling that Durandal really values the player, whereas Tycho sees him as a temporary means to an end, and his goals seem somewhat short-sighted. Tycho's always struck me as less mature and less stable than Durandal, and there's no guarantee HE wouldn't get Achilles or aid the Pfhor in the end, it's been proven he's a backstabber, and I'm probably not the only one he's teleported in vacuum before. Bastard.

:And that's the short version!

Great job summing that up, now I realize I know a lot more small details about Rubicon than I do the basic plot structure.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/25/04 12:44 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Yossarian 3/25/04 12:47 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Mark Levin 3/25/04 3:24 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/25/04 4:59 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Yossarian 3/25/04 6:07 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/25/04 8:18 p.m.
                       Interesting proposition Forrest, very interesting!Ernie 3/25/04 8:51 p.m.
                             Re: Interesting proposition Forrest, very interestForrest of B.org 3/25/04 10:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Interesting proposition Forrest, very interestAndrew Nagy 3/29/04 8:09 p.m.
                                         Or Pfh'J? *NM*Andrew Nagy 3/31/04 9:18 a.m.
                       Give me some time - I have to work today! *NM*Steve Levinson 3/26/04 2:45 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/26/04 7:51 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Ernie 3/26/04 11:56 a.m.
                                   I'll e-mail you soon as I sync up my PB. *NM*Steve Levinson 3/26/04 12:15 p.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Forrest of B.org 3/28/04 9:43 p.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon Story Synopsis?Steve Levinson 3/29/04 6:11 a.m.
                                         WMaiD - Eternal - Rubicon, attn: Forrest : )Ernie 3/31/04 5:01 p.m.
                                               Re: WMaiD - Eternal - Rubicon, attn: Forrest : )Forrest of B.org 4/2/04 2:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.