Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!
Posted By: The ShrikeDate: 1/16/02 2:41 p.m.

This is not a joke! We're all assuming that the Master Chief is a cyborg like the other cyborgs from Marathon, but what if his governing will is not a human brain, but an AI? I think it might be based on what Cortana says when you kill Keyes (you heard me right, and no, this is not a spoiler).

In "The Pillar of Autumn" just after you talk to Keyes "...I don't keep it loaded..," turn around and walk out of the bridge until the gun pops up. Then go back onto the bridge and blow the living crap out of Keyes and the other crewmen running around the bridge (the animation for Keyes dying is great, by the way). Cortana says: "What are you doing!? The Chief is Rampant, send a security detail to the bridge immediately!" When the troops arrive, they are invincible (where the heck were these badasses when I needed them on the later levels?) - I've even stuck plasma grenades to them and watched them survive, and they kick the Master Chief's ass.

The point is, Cortana calls the Chief "Rampant." Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I've stopped checking this forum daily (and hourly prior to the release of Halo ;-) )

If this isn't a duplicate post, I'm not really sure if it is an easter egg, but please consider this officially submitted. Thanks!

-The Shrike

PS: I'm going through the game tring to kill every marine possible. Fighting everything and everyone on Legendary is a bitch, but the look on the marines faces as you run them over with the jeep is classic.

Message Index

Replies:

Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!The Shrike 1/16/02 2:41 p.m.
     Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!PCDestroyer 1/16/02 2:48 p.m.
           Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!The Shrike 1/16/02 3:01 p.m.
     Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!Mr Yun 1/16/02 3:01 p.m.
           Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!The Shrike 1/16/02 3:12 p.m.
                 Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!OoACoO 1/16/02 3:45 p.m.
                       Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!(u dumbasses)mitylite 1/16/02 6:06 p.m.
                             Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!(u dumbasses)mitylite 1/16/02 6:09 p.m.
                                   mitylite seems a bit...RAMPANT! *NM*Gitaroo Man 1/16/02 6:34 p.m.
                                         mb somebody forgot to take his "ridalin"... :-P *NM*Douglas 1/16/02 9:44 p.m.
                             Is swearing a sign of Intelligence?The Shrike 1/16/02 9:55 p.m.
                                   Furthermore...vector40 1/16/02 11:45 p.m.
                                         Re: Furthermore...Andrew Nagy 1/23/02 1:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Furthermore...vector40 1/23/02 8:14 p.m.
                                                     Re: Furthermore...Andrew Nagy 1/26/02 1:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: Furthermore... *NM*vector40 1/26/02 8:08 p.m.
                                                           Re: Furthermore...vector40 1/26/02 8:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Is swearing a sign of Intelligence?ben ranum 1/19/02 10:09 p.m.
                                         Re: Is swearing a sign of Intelligence?vector40 1/19/02 10:18 p.m.
           Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!PCDestroyer 1/17/02 9:55 a.m.
     Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!Ruzhyo 1/16/02 6:46 p.m.
     Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!vector40 1/16/02 8:34 p.m.
           Where, indeedThe Shrike 1/16/02 9:57 p.m.
                 Re: Where, indeedvector40 1/16/02 11:46 p.m.
           Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!IRaMpAgEI 1/17/02 6:05 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.