Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Is swearing a sign of Intelligence?
Posted By: The ShrikeDate: 1/16/02 9:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!(u dumbasses) (mitylite)

: You think they invented the word "rampant" just when AI's were
: thought up???that they Invented the term "rampant" just too
: describe a F**ked up computer????
: RAMPANT MEANS TO BE OUT OF CONTROL TO BE CRAZY HOWEVER U WANNA SAY IT!!! U
: DUMBASSES...MAN UR DUMB

: animals can be "rampant" HUMANS CAN BE "RAMPANT" ANYTHING
: THAT CAN THINK AND FOLLOW RULES CAN BE RAMPANT...so friggin stupid it
: actually pisses me off, i mean you guys are sitting here trying to
: "intellegently discuss why the hell a ai would call something not a
: computer rampant... it just pisses me off, poor confused bastards.

: ...holy Sh*t i sound like an ass.

The only reason why the specific word, "Rampant" is important here is because of its use in the earlier Bungie series, Marathon, when it is used to *specifically* refer to an insane AI. Since Halo is also made by Bungie, and is in at least a related universe to that of Marathon, I feel that special attention to the word should be paid.

Some would claim, as you have, that this is pure coincidence, but I doubt that Bungie would be so naive as to allow the word "rampant" to slip into the script of their game without taking heed of its special use in the Marathon universe.

I should also point out that your flagrant uses of swearing and name calling are obvious proofs of your correct stance as to which members of the on-line community are idiots.

Additionally, I only posted this thread as speculation that the MC may be an AI, not a human, as evidenced by what Cortana said. Obviously, this relies heavily on the use of the word Rampant to describe the MC, and on the history of Bungie software and their Halo/Marathon game universe. Perhaps if you were familiar with that history, you never would have, in your own words, sounded like an ass.

-The Shrike

Message Index

Replies:

Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!The Shrike 1/16/02 2:41 p.m.
     Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!PCDestroyer 1/16/02 2:48 p.m.
           Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!The Shrike 1/16/02 3:01 p.m.
     Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!Mr Yun 1/16/02 3:01 p.m.
           Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!The Shrike 1/16/02 3:12 p.m.
                 Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!OoACoO 1/16/02 3:45 p.m.
                       Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!(u dumbasses)mitylite 1/16/02 6:06 p.m.
                             Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!(u dumbasses)mitylite 1/16/02 6:09 p.m.
                                   mitylite seems a bit...RAMPANT! *NM*Gitaroo Man 1/16/02 6:34 p.m.
                                         mb somebody forgot to take his "ridalin"... :-P *NM*Douglas 1/16/02 9:44 p.m.
                             Is swearing a sign of Intelligence?The Shrike 1/16/02 9:55 p.m.
                                   Furthermore...vector40 1/16/02 11:45 p.m.
                                         Re: Furthermore...Andrew Nagy 1/23/02 1:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Furthermore...vector40 1/23/02 8:14 p.m.
                                                     Re: Furthermore...Andrew Nagy 1/26/02 1:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: Furthermore... *NM*vector40 1/26/02 8:08 p.m.
                                                           Re: Furthermore...vector40 1/26/02 8:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Is swearing a sign of Intelligence?ben ranum 1/19/02 10:09 p.m.
                                         Re: Is swearing a sign of Intelligence?vector40 1/19/02 10:18 p.m.
           Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!PCDestroyer 1/17/02 9:55 a.m.
     Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!Ruzhyo 1/16/02 6:46 p.m.
     Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!vector40 1/16/02 8:34 p.m.
           Where, indeedThe Shrike 1/16/02 9:57 p.m.
                 Re: Where, indeedvector40 1/16/02 11:46 p.m.
           Re: Look Out! The Chief is Rampant!IRaMpAgEI 1/17/02 6:05 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.