glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Space-bikes, Blue Team, and more rambles...
Posted By: Leviathan <levihoffmeier@gmail.com>Date: 5/16/12 4:54 p.m.

In Response To: Re: "Just Sleeping" (Archilen)

: Oh, how I miss Nylund and his grandiose, decade-spanning narrative, epic set
: pieces and non-judgmental morality.

: You know, have you considered making alternate version of the story of the
: survivors in the Onyx Shield World? I'm sure you could breathe a lot more
: life into that scenario than Traviss did (bickering, a garage, bickering,
: a bland and nondescript city, more bickering, and some fold-out furniture
: and then it's over - how epic and mysterious!).

: I've considered making one myself, but I don't really have the talent and
: without artistic skills such as yours, it would just drown in the endless
: sea of uninteresting fan fiction no one bothers to read.

I don't think I'm ever interested in going back and trying to change what's come before. Even if there are mistakes or poor stories, I'd rather push forward with new and better stories, and try and plug any big plot holes retroactively.

The closest I've come to what you're talking about is some sketches re-imagining Halo: Legend's 'The Package' in a classic Bungie style. All the main events would still occur, but the tone, the style would be completely different. The space-bikes would be more like last-minute, cobbled together rigs and the space combat would be consistent with the precedent set down by the novels. Of course... then I started drawing the whole Battle of Miredim and how Halsey was captured in an attempt to add more logic and emotional depth to the events of The Package, and thus a better payoff.

Regarding Glasslands, you might find it interesting that I had a lot of Shield and Sword ideas and sketches started more than a year ago, before Glasslands came out. I was actually considering integrating Blue Team into the game. I've got everybody sketched out with their specific weapons and individually-altered armor, all scratched up and beaten (a couple of people saw these sketches at HaloFest if I recall). They'd been surviving in the wild Shield World all the years Chief had been sleeping, cut off from the UNSC. Cortana would eventually be able to open a small portal, part of a network that allowed civilians from contaminated Shield Worlds to escape into another - a last ditch back up plan.

It would have given John and Cortana a team of their own - their own brass, science division, and infantry on a micro scale. And like what I'm still going to attempt later with Shield and Sword, they might not have been 100% sided with the UNSC when they finally showed up.

: But I can understand why you might want to focus on something else after
: this... Any specific plans on what you're doing next? Maybe "The Long
: Dark"?

My sketchbook is full of ideas and plans, especially regarding The Long Dark, but there are a number of other stories in there too (that Battle for Miredim for example). But I don't know what my future holds and I wouldn't mind trying to pitch my next graphic novel to 343i as a real thing.

Halo: A Fistful of Arrows

Message Index

Replies:

Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hell*Leviathan 5/16/12 12:26 a.m.
     "Just Sleeping"kanbo 5/16/12 12:43 a.m.
           Re: "Just Sleeping"Leviathan 5/16/12 3:11 a.m.
                 Re: "Just Sleeping"Archilen 5/16/12 3:45 a.m.
                       Space-bikes, Blue Team, and more rambles...Leviathan 5/16/12 4:54 p.m.
     Very cool.:) *NM*The Lionheart 5/16/12 1:05 a.m.
     Oh Dizzamn!padraig08 5/16/12 1:16 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hQuirel 5/16/12 1:30 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hLeviathan 5/16/12 3:32 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hQuantum 5/16/12 1:53 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as huberfoop 5/16/12 2:11 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hLeviathan 5/16/12 3:56 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as huberfoop 5/16/12 2:18 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hLeviathan 5/16/12 3:03 a.m.
                 Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as huberfoop 5/16/12 3:23 a.m.
                       Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hLeviathan 5/16/12 3:47 a.m.
     Dude.Gravemind 5/16/12 3:23 a.m.
           Re: Dude.BlueNinja 5/16/12 4:01 a.m.
           Re: Dude.Leviathan 5/16/12 4:58 p.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hArchilen 5/16/12 3:34 a.m.
     I will buy your game.BlueNinja 5/16/12 4:00 a.m.
           Re: I will buy your game.Leviathan 5/16/12 5:01 p.m.
     a joy to read *NM*kidtsunami 5/16/12 4:50 a.m.
     Re:I am reminded ofRevenant1988 5/16/12 8:45 a.m.
           Re:I am reminded ofLeviathan 5/16/12 5:03 p.m.
     Always Awesome! *NM*ChrisTheeCrappy 5/16/12 8:57 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hCaneCutter 5/16/12 9:21 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hLeviathan 5/16/12 5:04 p.m.
                 Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hCaneCutter 5/16/12 8:25 p.m.
     If this is hell, sign me up *NM*ZackDark 5/16/12 10:09 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hbluerunner 5/16/12 11:02 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - The Broken Chord *long as hPerseusSpartacus 5/17/12 1:30 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.