Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Campaign stats
Posted By: Narcogen <narcogen@rampancy.net>Date: 2/6/07 10:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Campaign stats (Miguel Chavez)

: Stating Myth stats are like Halo2 MP stats? Come on. Would you consider
: Marathon MP stats the same as Halo2 MP stats then? There's a wide gulf of
: difference there. When folks mention Halo 3 campaign stats, no one is
: talking about 2-3 lines of info. They're expecting the whole enchilada.
: That's what I'm on about. But why nitpick is what I'm saying - just get
: rid of them from campaign in toto. Sure, if you want it to upload the
: stats to b.net for your future perusal, that's not so bad, but I think it
: just simply sets bad precedent - I prefer campaign be about quality, not
: quantity. But that's just me! I'm also the guy that agreed with Jason that
: body count blows... hard. I know I'm in the minority.

I agree with that, too. I prefer objective games (assault, koth, terries, oddball).

What's so different between Myth stats and Marathon stats and Halo stats? About the only difference I can think of, is that in Myth, you control many units that each die only once. In Halo and Marathon, you control a single unit that dies many times. So the ratios of kills to deaths, and to damage dealt and received, take the place of the % survivors and % of the enemy killed. In addition, you have accuracy ratings (although perhaps those should be divided according to type of weapon-- sniping, medium range, short range).

I don't see that there's a lot of difference here. Myth gave you similar stats for campaign play as for multiplayer. If you didn't want to look at them, you didn't have to; but I never thought they got in the way. As immersive as Myth and Marathon are, they never completely distracted me from the fact that I'm playing a game; so getting some information on how well I performed did not seem out of place.

I realize you neither want nor need such information for yourself, but it seems like you're objecting against the idea of Bungie putting it in at all, as if it would somehow offend you, or take away from your experience of playing the game, if it was in there. I'm not a rankwhore of any kind-- anybody who has played against me can testify to that (or, if I am, I'm a lousy one) but I'd still like to see the information.

: If you want to stick to Halo3 stats as about as vague as Myth stats, I can
: grok that. It's the 'turned-up to 11' stat wishes I've heard around the
: community that doesn't do it for me.

Hmm. Well I'm not sure what you mean there. Certainly I can imagine a large number of Halo 3 stats that might exist-- such as the idea above of doing separate accuracy ratings for different weapons, or perhaps weighting.

For instance, if I spend half a game dual-wielding SMGs, then the other half of the game nailing people with sniper headshots, those sniper shots are going to count a lot less towards my accuracy rating. Those weapons are in different classes, and that should be reflected in the accuracy stats. Or else a general "accuracy rating" should be used, with individual shots from semiautomatic weapons weighted differently than shots from fully automatic weapons.

Halo 2 Impressions

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3 achievements.Gravemind 2/2/07 3:00 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Narcogen 2/2/07 5:53 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3 achievements.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/2/07 10:14 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Spartan - 116 2/2/07 6:33 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.PharoahsRaiment 2/2/07 6:50 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Sep7imus [subnova] 2/2/07 7:24 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.DarkSim 2/2/07 10:02 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.PsychoRaven 2/2/07 11:10 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Psychophan7 2/2/07 2:24 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.GhaleonEB 2/2/07 3:09 p.m.
           Medal for getting through without dyingRockslider 2/2/07 5:12 p.m.
                 Re: Medal for getting through without dyingKanbo 2/6/07 9:41 p.m.
     What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/2/07 4:16 p.m.
           Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DarkSim 2/2/07 4:46 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DangerousHippo 2/2/07 8:29 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Louis Wu 2/3/07 6:33 a.m.
                       Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Cody Miller 2/3/07 10:44 a.m.
                       Be fair LouisRockslider 2/3/07 4:54 p.m.
                             Re: Be fair LouisLouis Wu 2/3/07 5:03 p.m.
           Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/2/07 7:31 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/3/07 8:09 a.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DS 2/3/07 11:04 a.m.
                       Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/3/07 2:51 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/3/07 3:19 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DS 2/3/07 3:20 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Ma1agate 2/3/07 4:21 p.m.
                                   Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/3/07 7:03 p.m.
                                         Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360?3Suns 2/3/07 7:44 p.m.
                                               Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Rockslider 2/4/07 8:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360UrsusArctos 2/4/07 8:17 a.m.
                                                     Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Sep7imus [subnova] 2/4/07 9:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Rockslider 2/4/07 3:32 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360DS 2/4/07 4:44 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/4/07 9:58 p.m.
                                   Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Miguel Chavez 2/4/07 10:31 p.m.
                                         Campaign statsNarcogen 2/5/07 12:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Campaign statsMiguel Chavez 2/5/07 3:40 a.m.
                                                     I just want a killcount at the end... *NM*Rox 2/5/07 4:35 a.m.
                                                     Body Count DOES blow. Steal the Bacon FTW!! *NM*Ma1agate 2/5/07 10:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Campaign statsNarcogen 2/6/07 10:48 p.m.
                                         Campaign statsRockslider 2/5/07 4:25 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign statsDS 2/5/07 5:40 p.m.
                                               Campaign stats - two more thoughtsRockslider 2/6/07 12:56 p.m.
                                               Stats I'd Like To SeeNarcogen 2/7/07 12:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: Stats I'd Like To SeeRockslider 2/7/07 5:32 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/3/07 6:57 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Coffin Joe 2/3/07 5:46 p.m.
           Another reason to chalk up Achievement points3Suns 2/6/07 8:41 p.m.
                 Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointstak 2/6/07 10:31 p.m.
                       Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointsTelTura 2/6/07 11:07 p.m.
                 Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointsDS 2/7/07 8:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.