Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theory
Posted By: B-Sharp <blank@twistedsys.net>Date: 2/2/03 2:25 a.m.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not within the several massive threads below, but anyway I think I found a problem with Mark's "Cortana lying to Foe Hammer" theory...

The crux of Mark's argument seems to be...

: Given the complete lack of any communication with any other UNSC forces of
: the intention to destroy Halo, Cortana's response is tantamount to a
: blatant lie.

However, we don't know that Cortana didn't communicate her intentions to destroy Halo. Sure, we never actually hear her do so, but isn't it possible (and even likely) that she is in constant communication with the other UNSC forces on the halo and merely chooses when we get to hear her conversations and when we don't?

There are several in game instances that support this, however I'll name a few... The first, I believe, is on the level Halo when Cortana mentions that the crew of the POA has been captured, and says that more people got off than she originally thought... she then says something about establishing an effective guerilla force to combat the covenant on the surface (I would provide a direct quote but hbo and the story page seem to be down at the moment). Anyway my point is, she's obviously getting this information from somewhere even though we never hear it communicated to her.

Another example is on SC after you clear out the second group of hunters, bypass the security lock on the door and come back out of the structure (past the first set of invisible elites), she says something along the lines of "When I saw we were up against hunters I called in a dropship carrying heavy weapons" (again, wish I could supply a direct quote), this implies that she's in constant contact with the other UNSC forces and only chooses what we get to hear and what we don't.

So did Cortana really lie to Foe Hammer?

Maybe, but I'm not so sure we should be taking her to court on it just yet.

Message Index

Replies:

Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryB-Sharp 2/2/03 2:25 a.m.
     Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryMark Simmons 2/2/03 9:42 a.m.
           Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryExogenesis 2/2/03 11:50 a.m.
                 Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryMark Simmons 2/2/03 2:41 p.m.
           Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryWarbow 2/2/03 1:11 p.m.
                 Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryMark Simmons 2/2/03 2:09 p.m.
           Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryB-Sharp 2/2/03 4:00 p.m.
                 Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryMark Simmons 2/2/03 5:19 p.m.
                       Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryP_40E 2/2/03 5:53 p.m.
                             Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryMark Simmons 2/2/03 6:57 p.m.
           If it makes it any easier...Mark Simmons 2/3/03 8:25 a.m.
           Re: Problem with Cortana/Foe Hammer theoryMark LXIX 2/4/03 2:15 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.