Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: They're all funny (further OT)
Posted By: Elan SleazbaganoDate: 11/14/02 6:25 p.m.

In Response To: Re: They're all funny (further OT) (ShdwPnthr)

: No, all that it proves is that it can be tough to break into the NY market,
: especially when they're on tape-delay for a significant portion of that
: time period. Don and Mike have had #1 ratings in several cities, both
: current and past. In Washington, D.C. they've been #1 in all three time
: slots - mornings, middays and afternoons. And if you've heard their latest
: ratings in Philadelphia (where they've taken over Opie and Anthony's old
: timeslot) you'll realize that the ratings are going up in that city as
: well.

If your in radio and your doing good, where do you ultimately want to make it? The answer is...NY. NY is the number one market for radio. Being number in other cities is good but every person in radio aspires to make it in NY.

I'll reply to Miguel's post here as well and just state that he is right on again. For me its harder to relate to either D&M or O&A age wise because all of them are alot older then me. However, O&A do listen (and rarely play)some of the music I listen to. And like Miguel said they are into games. I've heard GTA3 and Everquest (Anthony's "crack") talked about many times.

But besides relating to them, I just laugh at them and their guests alot more. Jim Norton is the man btw. I honestly can't remember a time that I laughed when I gave D&M their chance. I'm sure there was a chuckle or two somewhere, but I honestly can not and will not listen to them.

Everyone has got fans, everyone does good somewhere, even the crappiest of the crap.
O&A will be back...eventually, until then radio just isn't as fun anymore.

: When it comes down to it, I will continue to enjoy listening to Don and Mike
: while Opie and Anthony can look forward to listening to the sounds of
: their own voices.

They'll listen to the sounds of their own voices and enjoy their millions too.

ES<---

Message Index

Replies:

Everyone read AND listenElan Sleazbagano 11/12/02 6:54 p.m.
     O&A RULEZ!Miguel Chavez 11/12/02 7:01 p.m.
           Re: O&A RULEZ!Elan Sleazbagano 11/12/02 7:11 p.m.
           Don and Mike are bettercapncrackfiend 11/12/02 9:04 p.m.
                 Re: Don and Mike are betterElan Sleazbagano 11/13/02 12:55 a.m.
                       They're all funnyShdwPnthr 11/13/02 6:53 a.m.
                             Re: They're all funny (further OT)Miguel Chavez 11/13/02 12:37 p.m.
                                   Re: They're all funny (further OT)Elan Sleazbagano 11/13/02 3:42 p.m.
                                         Re: They're all funny (further OT)ShdwPnthr 11/14/02 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: They're all funny (further OT)Elan Sleazbagano 11/14/02 6:25 p.m.
                                   Re: They're all funny (further OT)ShdwPnthr 11/14/02 7:38 a.m.
                                         Re: They're all funny (further OT)Louis Wu 11/14/02 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: They're all funny (further OT)ShdwPnthr 11/14/02 7:52 a.m.
                                         Still OT - ageLouis Wu 11/14/02 7:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Still OT - ageShdwPnthr 11/14/02 7:55 a.m.
                                               Re: Still OT - agevector40 11/14/02 9:47 p.m.
                                         Re: They're all funny (further OT)Miguel Chavez 11/14/02 9:29 a.m.
     Re: Everyone read AND listenvector40 11/12/02 8:16 p.m.
           Re: Everyone read AND listenSecond Hand Plasma 11/12/02 8:20 p.m.
                 Re: Everyone read AND listenskavenger_s7 11/12/02 9:00 p.m.
                       Re: Everyone read AND listenoddworld18 11/12/02 9:37 p.m.
     nice, but i enjoy Dennis Miller's rants more. ;-) *NM*R.G. 11/12/02 9:11 p.m.
     beautiful, beautiful spite, how i love thee... *NM*oddworld18 11/12/02 9:36 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.