Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: They're all funny (further OT)
Posted By: Miguel Chavez <bs@bungie.org>Date: 11/14/02 9:29 a.m.

In Response To: Re: They're all funny (further OT) (ShdwPnthr)

: If they really failed more often than not, how do you suppose they have
: thrived in radio for 17 years together?

You see, you're talking about ratings, I'm talking about how I rate each of them on my own personal scale.

I mean honestly, almost all those personalities I listed are doing very well in their own markets. Does that mean they're all equally funny?

: Some people are so easily fooled. Opie and Anthony are 36 and 41,
: respectively. Don and Mike are 44 and 43. There's not much difference
: there, not that age even matters anyway. The only thing that matters is if
: they are funny...oh and if they are on the air.

I'm talking about their 'cultural age' I guess. O&A are gamers, and they're into the same kind of music I'm into. I don't think the same can be said about D&M. That's where the difference lies. Don and Mike sound older to me, O&A sound like folks I could relate to. I know I've heard Don & Mike do bits where they ridicule something that makes them, in my eyes, sound like 2 completely out of touch people. Esp. Mike, who sounds like an older uncle to me.

And another example of how they just don't hit the same notes I'm used to from other radio personalities... they're constant fawning over Leah Remini. She's hot, she's funny a little bit, but she's not *all* that. It doesn't compare to the kind of regular guests O&A would get, like Jim Breur, who would leave me gasping for air, I'd be laughing so hard.

Anyway, this is all my opinion. And again, I'd like to stress that if I lived in DC, I'd most likely listen to D&M, since it'd be the only comedy radio available.

Even though this is all OT, it's a nice thread, I think we're all learning something here. :)

Bungie Sightings

Message Index

Replies:

Everyone read AND listenElan Sleazbagano 11/12/02 6:54 p.m.
     O&A RULEZ!Miguel Chavez 11/12/02 7:01 p.m.
           Re: O&A RULEZ!Elan Sleazbagano 11/12/02 7:11 p.m.
           Don and Mike are bettercapncrackfiend 11/12/02 9:04 p.m.
                 Re: Don and Mike are betterElan Sleazbagano 11/13/02 12:55 a.m.
                       They're all funnyShdwPnthr 11/13/02 6:53 a.m.
                             Re: They're all funny (further OT)Miguel Chavez 11/13/02 12:37 p.m.
                                   Re: They're all funny (further OT)Elan Sleazbagano 11/13/02 3:42 p.m.
                                         Re: They're all funny (further OT)ShdwPnthr 11/14/02 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: They're all funny (further OT)Elan Sleazbagano 11/14/02 6:25 p.m.
                                   Re: They're all funny (further OT)ShdwPnthr 11/14/02 7:38 a.m.
                                         Re: They're all funny (further OT)Louis Wu 11/14/02 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: They're all funny (further OT)ShdwPnthr 11/14/02 7:52 a.m.
                                         Still OT - ageLouis Wu 11/14/02 7:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Still OT - ageShdwPnthr 11/14/02 7:55 a.m.
                                               Re: Still OT - agevector40 11/14/02 9:47 p.m.
                                         Re: They're all funny (further OT)Miguel Chavez 11/14/02 9:29 a.m.
     Re: Everyone read AND listenvector40 11/12/02 8:16 p.m.
           Re: Everyone read AND listenSecond Hand Plasma 11/12/02 8:20 p.m.
                 Re: Everyone read AND listenskavenger_s7 11/12/02 9:00 p.m.
                       Re: Everyone read AND listenoddworld18 11/12/02 9:37 p.m.
     nice, but i enjoy Dennis Miller's rants more. ;-) *NM*R.G. 11/12/02 9:11 p.m.
     beautiful, beautiful spite, how i love thee... *NM*oddworld18 11/12/02 9:36 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.