Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

wadya think?
Posted By: Yosh <munkybich@cs.com>Date: 6/4/02 8:25 a.m.

In Response To: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1 (FrogBlast)

ok here's how it stands, the farthest ive been able to get is to the last magnet lookin thinger above the big lounge chair shapped bar, i cant go any lower cause its too far to jump down, now imma explain how i did it >:D

as from the cutscene i had 2 people one with 4 frag and 4 plasma grenades, the other is kind'of a dummy, you'll understand when you finish reading.
facing the shaft, turn around so your facing the doorway you came to it through, go to the right of that, jump of the ledge at the last second, look down with your flashlight on, there's a small ledge that has no business been there, land on the ledge but right before you land on it, "" about 4 feet away game wise "" press and hold the L3/crouch button, no clue why really unless its an accordian affect bungie worked in, but this will keep you from dying when you jump off of extremeties, it dose take off your shield and life tho, so it dose have limits, ok, now as you can still see, if you turn around you can still see the shaft and everything and still no covenant, ta da, thats one step, now wait for your shield to regenerate, then start walking toards the shaft, look down and you'll see a platform, drop down to that, then you come actoss a little ramp go down that and keep going straight, no turning or nothin, you'll fall off and start going twards the ground, here's another place little mister crouch button comes into play, this time press it about 6 feet above the ground, onnacounta your fall'n a might faster, now your down on the bottom floor of all the platforms, dont pick up the overshield, your gonna need that to get to the bottom, around the corner is the silent cartographer and the elites, up the ramp is the room with all yoru friends in it, they dont know your there so still no covenant, ok now u remember that dummy i told you about, well u can either take his happy but and do the same thing you did with yoru main guy ""boring"" or you can walk him off the edge and listen to him scream, no shooting or youll make your friends wanna come play with you, he'll respawn next to you after a few sec, now, walk the guy with the 4 frag and 4 plasma grenades over to the overshield, dont take it tho, turn on your flashlight and walk about 3 feet away from the overshield, and about 2 feet from the lege, not between the ledge and overshield tho, make like an invisible triangle with you, the ledge, and the overshield, then point the flashlight inbetween the overshield and the ledge, put down that controller, pick up the dummy one and hit your guy in the back of the head, thus making all of this grenades fly out to whare his flashlight was pointing to, pretty nifty huh, anyway, wiat for yourself to respawn then jump the dummy up onto the putple internet sounding like thingersand point his flashlight on the grenades so you can see better, now take your controller ""not dummy controller"" and creep verry slowly up to the pile of grenades, when you pick up just one of them, walk back so that your angled to whare you can run through the overshield, jump over the grenades your gonna set off ""warthog jump style"" and fly toards the magnet lookin like thingers, if you picked up a frag grenade, throw it inbetween a body and the ground whare it'll imediatley stop and 1 sec later explode, right after you throw it, run through the overshield and jump, if you time it right ""took me a little over 50 trys"" your dummy will die, you will fly way across the room, and if your luck/aim is good enough, you'll scaith=thouch/hit one of the magnet thingers, ""i never landed on it"" and your dummy will respawn on it, you will more than likley die, but you'll prolly respawn ontop of your dummy,, if you get a plasma grenade however, throw it in the pile, wiat about 1 and 1/2 sec's then run and jump, again if your luck/aim is good you'll scaith the magnet thinger and he'll respawn, watching you fall to your doom with a perfectly good overshield and then wondering how you got ontop of his head, one small problem, big explosions do tend to attrect the attention of the covenant, i dont know if that was in violations of the rules but they cant get you or anything, and if you noticed, i never once left the shaft room, how bout that? from there on just kinda run along them and drop down to the next ring and right before you hit press the crouch button, and you'll make it there, kill the dummie make him respawn so that if you die you end up on the one you just jumped off of, not the one you scathed and made him respawn at, ""3rd from bottom, as in 1 2 {3} counting them""
now the farthest ive been able to get was to the verry 1'st one, i cant go any lower than that cause when i drop its too far even for the crouch technique, and i die, if anyone can get farther then be my guest, but thats that and now im tired, 8 hours of trying this, ""this and the other shaft"" that is, and if that's not descriptave as heck, then i dont know what is, feel free to im me on munkybich if you have any questions, i think imma go to bed in a few hours tho so enjoy

Message Index

Replies:

Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1FrogBlast 6/3/02 10:57 a.m.
     Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1 *NM*Elan Sleazbagano 6/3/02 1:53 p.m.
           Ooopz Didn't mean NMElan Sleazbagano 6/3/02 2:26 p.m.
                 Re: Ooopz Didn't mean NMRazorback 6/3/02 2:48 p.m.
                 New Method FailedElan Sleazbagano 6/3/02 2:50 p.m.
                       Re: New Method FailedSpudBoy 6/3/02 2:52 p.m.
                             Re: New Method FailedElan Sleazbagano 6/3/02 2:56 p.m.
                       lol... nice try :) *NM*FrogBlast 6/4/02 6:08 a.m.
                 Re: Ooopz Didn't mean NMFrogBlast 6/5/02 7:49 a.m.
     Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1Warbow 6/3/02 4:49 p.m.
           I hate this - bottom of HALOdolbex 6/3/02 9:40 p.m.
           lol.... hrm... *NM*FrogBlast 6/5/02 7:54 a.m.
     Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1Dark_Helmet 6/3/02 9:43 p.m.
     Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1Yosh 6/4/02 4:19 a.m.
           Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1Yosh 6/4/02 4:32 a.m.
     The very bottom?dolbex 6/4/02 5:54 a.m.
           Re: The very bottom?Yosh 6/4/02 6:59 a.m.
           Re: The very bottom?FrogBlast 6/5/02 10:48 a.m.
     wadya think?Yosh 6/4/02 8:25 a.m.
           Paragraphs are your friend. *NM*Pfhoenix 6/4/02 8:27 p.m.
                 Apparently not. *NM*vector40 6/4/02 9:08 p.m.
                       Re: Apparently not.Yosh 6/4/02 9:31 p.m.
                             Re: Apparently not.vector40 6/4/02 9:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Apparently not.Yosh 6/4/02 11:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Apparently not.Khaim 6/5/02 7:01 a.m.
                                               Re: Apparently not.Darth Oosha 6/9/02 10:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Apparently not.vector40 6/9/02 4:31 p.m.
                 Re: Paragraphs are your friend.Yosh 6/4/02 9:19 p.m.
                       Re: Paragraphs are your friend.Dark_Helmet 6/4/02 10:20 p.m.
                             Re: Paragraphs are your friend.Yosh 6/4/02 11:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Paragraphs are your friend.Dark_Helmet 6/5/02 6:00 a.m.
     -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1 - UPDATEFrogBlast 6/4/02 10:26 p.m.
           Re: -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1 - UPDATEFrogBlast 6/4/02 10:29 p.m.
           ::raises eyebrow::vector40 6/4/02 10:29 p.m.
                 Re: ::raises eyebrow::FrogBlast 6/4/02 10:42 p.m.
                       Re: ::raises eyebrow::vector40 6/4/02 11:06 p.m.
                             Re: ::raises eyebrow::Pfhoenix 6/5/02 1:07 a.m.
     Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1Dark_Helmet 6/5/02 7:45 p.m.
     Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1Dark_Helmet 6/5/02 7:47 p.m.
           Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1oldmano'theC 6/5/02 7:53 p.m.
                 Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1Dark_Helmet 6/5/02 7:57 p.m.
           Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Pt 1MasterOmok 6/5/02 10:30 p.m.
           Re: Contest!!! -Shaft Challenge- Finished?:)FrogBlast 6/5/02 10:55 p.m.
     Finished... *NM*Finn/Daniel 6/5/02 9:19 p.m.
           Film? *NM*Louis Wu 6/5/02 9:41 p.m.
                 Satellite of Love, come on now...Finn/Daniel 6/5/02 9:55 p.m.
                       Re: Satellite of Love, come on now...Louis Wu 6/5/02 9:57 p.m.
                             Re: Satellite of Love, come on now...vector40 6/5/02 11:05 p.m.
                                   Re: Satellite of Love, come on now...Finn/Daniel 6/6/02 12:18 a.m.
                                         Re: Satellite of Love, come on now...oldmano'theC 6/6/02 6:45 a.m.
                                               Some Films and Some OTFinn/Daniel 6/6/02 8:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.