Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: big story question (major spoilers)
Posted By: Knight Premier <Knight_Premier@hotmail.com>Date: 11/28/01 8:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: big story question (major spoilers) (Santiago)

The forerunners are obviously not AI, nor are they robotic. The Monitor made it clear that "something as important as this..." (activation of Halo) could not be left to him. He also mentioned "...but I do need a human...", making it clear that activation of Halo could not be achieved without human intervention.

Another observation. When you kill the Flood, sparks shoot out of thier bodies for a time...

Also, upon seeing the most recent news article (about the MC), I came up with a few more questions. I also noticed those strange comments by the Monitor durring the game, and have been wondering about a particular comment for some time.

"I have had alot of time to think about what you asked me since I last saw you. You asked if I would be willing to do what was needed when the time came, and I have come to the conclusion that, yes, I would." This, along with the other comments while the cut-scene played out are very peculiar. It is clear that the MC has not visited Halo in the past (nor in his future) because the MC would have no reason to ask the Monitor if he is willing to 'go the distance'. He would know from experience that the monitor IS willing. The MC could not have visited Halo in the past, because the Spartan II program is not nearly old enough. Although perhaps the MC was part of a Spartan I program he no longer remembers. Or perhaps the Monitor is actually one of the AI constructs from Marathon, and is refering to the player(you) - not the MC.

Whatever the case, these Hal-like discussions merit further speculation. Any ideas?

Message Index

Replies:

big story question (major spoilers)Gary Coleman 11/21/01 10:20 p.m.
     Re: big story question (major spoilers)flood 11/21/01 10:27 p.m.
           Re: big story question (major spoilers)Gary Coleman 11/21/01 10:36 p.m.
           Re: big story question (major spoilers)Harry 11/21/01 10:38 p.m.
                 Re: big story question (major spoilers)Knight Premier 11/21/01 11:20 p.m.
     Re: big story question (major spoilers)Ape Man 11/22/01 12:11 a.m.
           Re: big story question (major spoilers)Kanen Faud'r 11/22/01 2:04 a.m.
                 Re: big story question (major spoilers)mavruss 11/22/01 10:33 a.m.
                       Waitaminnit (major spoilers)superboy 11/22/01 12:00 p.m.
                             Re: Waitaminnit (major spoilers)Ferrex (Dead) 11/22/01 5:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Waitaminnit (major spoilers)Frost 11/22/01 6:11 p.m.
                                         Re: Waitaminnit (major spoilers)flood 11/23/01 10:20 a.m.
                                               Re: Waitaminnit (major spoilers)Frost 11/23/01 12:34 p.m.
     Re: big story question (major spoilers)Santiago 11/24/01 3:33 a.m.
           Re: big story question (major spoilers)Knight Premier 11/28/01 8:18 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.