Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, hows
Posted By: Matt <msoell@gmail.com>Date: 9/10/12 2:08 a.m.

In Response To: Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, hows (kanbo)

: I haven't played Stubbs personally

WHAT?!

: but I feel like, even if you knew they
: used the same engine, you probably wouldn't find any real similarities
: between them.

There are similar feels to some things. Driving certain vehicles feels familiar. Same buttons for certain things (flipping vehicles, etc.), your health automagically regenerates in time, etc. It is a very different game and no one would blame you if you didn't notice the parallels, but they do exist. The other game Take 2 was trying to use its Halo Engine license for was as different from Halo as Stubbs was, but I'm sure people would have noticed similarities in that one too, had it ever shipped.

For the most part, of course, you are correct. When you think of all the games out there using Unreal and Unity and Source, for example, and what a wide swath of game genres are covered by just those engines, you realize that any engine is suitable for just about any application...as long as your development team has enough time to customize it to their own needs.

-Matt

But will you still love...a Man out of Time?

Message Index

Replies:

Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo Enginenillapuddin 9/9/12 7:26 p.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo EnginePhoenix_9286 9/9/12 8:01 p.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo Engineuberfoop 9/9/12 8:11 p.m.
           ...nillapuddin 9/9/12 8:29 p.m.
                 Re: ...uberfoop 9/9/12 8:50 p.m.
                       Re: ...nillapuddin 9/9/12 8:57 p.m.
                             Re: ...kanbo 9/9/12 9:24 p.m.
                                   I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, hows thisnillapuddin 9/9/12 10:27 p.m.
                                         Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howskanbo 9/10/12 12:48 a.m.
                                               Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsMatt 9/10/12 2:08 a.m.
                                                     Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsJDQuackers 9/10/12 7:41 a.m.
                                                           Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsMatt 9/10/12 12:29 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsLouis Wu 9/10/12 12:39 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsMatt 9/10/12 12:42 p.m.
                                                                             It's twitter, of course I missed it.Louis Wu 9/10/12 12:43 p.m.
                                                     Stubbes farts on enemies, me like. *NM*Captain Spark 9/10/12 8:20 a.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo EngineMatt 9/10/12 2:10 a.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo EngineFyreWulff 9/10/12 4:42 a.m.
           Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo Enginekornman00 9/10/12 3:16 p.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo Enginestabbim 9/10/12 1:10 p.m.
     Just as long as Aspyr doesn't publish/portkornman00 9/10/12 1:50 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.