Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, hows
Posted By: kanbo <the.kanbo@gmail.com>Date: 9/10/12 12:48 a.m.

In Response To: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, hows this (nillapuddin)

: Will there ever be a platform for Halo that would be an equivalent to like
: CryEngine, Frostbite, Source, Unreal, etc?

: and/or (?)

: Like, would they give it to the guys down the hall and they make a driving
: game (gotta love warthog physics) or like an FPS (obviously not sci-fi)?

: Clearly some people here understand far more than I do, or Im just asking
: these questions in the wrong manner

: Also. If it isnt worded proper, can you do your best to "get" what
: im trying to say, I think I clarified what im trying to say this time

I think I understand it a little better, but you're not really asking it in the best way- I think maybe you're not fully realizing what the game engine actually is, and I'm saying that in the least critical way possible.

If there was a game built on a Halo engine, you would probably never know outside of being told it's in that engine. Most likely, it wouldn't look like Halo, play like Halo, or resemble Halo at all. The game engine is really just the set of tools that the developers use to build the game and the console uses to translate the code to you.

I think what you're looking for is something like a full featured game mod- kind of like what the Source games are. They are using the same engine, yes, but many of the other games (Portal, Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike, etc) feel very similar to each other.

I haven't played Stubbs personally, but I feel like, even if you knew they used the same engine, you probably wouldn't find any real similarities between them.

Message Index

Replies:

Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo Enginenillapuddin 9/9/12 7:26 p.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo EnginePhoenix_9286 9/9/12 8:01 p.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo Engineuberfoop 9/9/12 8:11 p.m.
           ...nillapuddin 9/9/12 8:29 p.m.
                 Re: ...uberfoop 9/9/12 8:50 p.m.
                       Re: ...nillapuddin 9/9/12 8:57 p.m.
                             Re: ...kanbo 9/9/12 9:24 p.m.
                                   I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, hows thisnillapuddin 9/9/12 10:27 p.m.
                                         Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howskanbo 9/10/12 12:48 a.m.
                                               Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsMatt 9/10/12 2:08 a.m.
                                                     Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsJDQuackers 9/10/12 7:41 a.m.
                                                           Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsMatt 9/10/12 12:29 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsLouis Wu 9/10/12 12:39 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I need to rephrase my query, sorry guys, howsMatt 9/10/12 12:42 p.m.
                                                                             It's twitter, of course I missed it.Louis Wu 9/10/12 12:43 p.m.
                                                     Stubbes farts on enemies, me like. *NM*Captain Spark 9/10/12 8:20 a.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo EngineMatt 9/10/12 2:10 a.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo EngineFyreWulff 9/10/12 4:42 a.m.
           Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo Enginekornman00 9/10/12 3:16 p.m.
     Re: Stubbs The Zombie and The Halo Enginestabbim 9/10/12 1:10 p.m.
     Just as long as Aspyr doesn't publish/portkornman00 9/10/12 1:50 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.