Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Marine Trapping on The Silent Cartographer
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 8/13/12 7:37 a.m.

In Response To: Marine Trapping on The Silent Cartographer (PerseusSpartacus)

Yes, that could make for an amusing spot of recreation. I never thought of dropping Marines into that gap, but there was at least one time when I found a Grunt trapped there (maybe after he dived clear of a grenade I threw up from below, or possibly he fell off when lobbing a grenade at me, I forget). After that, I think I dropped a plasma on his head.

I notice that you mention Hunters at the end. Dodging a Hunter to make him fall down amongst a bunch of trapped Marines could be good. Maybe his swiping could cause Marines to be deflected up freakily high? You should definitely try that. I'll try things out myself sometime.

Your description involved using all three hogs but I don't think you need to go to that trouble do you? You can just ferry and drop using a single hog.

In regard to getting a checkpoint after dropping as many Marines into the gap as you want, you can potentially get one when at the Marines (ready to rocket them or whatever). Trigger a fully delayable checkpoint somewhere (see here for examples) then delay it by jumping until in your desired position (sufficiently far clear of enemy threat).

One other relevant thought to contribute. It would probably be best to use Normal or Easy, because on those difficulties you get 9 Marines rather than 7, and obviously it'll also be easier to minimize Marine casualties in the landing battle.

: (I believe Rockslider refers to it as 'Grunt Hill', in light of how the
: weather tends to be rather grunt-ish in that area).

Actually I didn't name it Grunt Hill, I just refer to it as "the Grunt hill" in a few articles (on account of the Grunts which spawn on top after you've operated the security substation).

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Marine Trapping on The Silent CartographerPerseusSpartacus 8/13/12 2:00 a.m.
     Re: Marine Trapping on The Silent CartographerRockslider 8/13/12 7:37 a.m.
           Re: Marine Trapping on The Silent CartographerPerseusSpartacus 8/13/12 7:51 p.m.
                 Re: Marine Trapping on The Silent CartographerRockslider 8/14/12 2:45 a.m.
                       Re: Marine Trapping on The Silent CartographerPerseusSpartacus 8/14/12 9:58 a.m.
                             Re: Marine Trapping on The Silent CartographerRockslider 8/14/12 12:22 p.m.
     me = wet mopMiguel Chavez 8/14/12 7:53 a.m.
           Re: me = wet mopPerseusSpartacus 8/14/12 9:52 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.