Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?
Posted By: PyroSporker16 <PyroSporker16@comcast.net>Date: 3/10/12 3:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer? (DarkS7G)

: That's a really pathetic attempt at hiding a pretty big spoiler. I haven't
: read Primordium. I'm slightly upset now.

It really upset me too, and I have already had most of that book spoiled for me by some idiot at work.

Back to the topic, I remembered the model being posted about and looked her up again but I didn't think that she looked remotely close to the nose scrunching character. I think it would be foolish to start connecting dots. Quirel's line, "Long string of assumptions..." is a really good summation.

Just to throw another wrinkle into the mix here. As far as we know, Jen Taylor has been working with Bungie currently (who knows in what regards). Remember she was seen in the "O Brave New World" video, mo-capping it up. This does not mean, by any means, that she can only work on one project at a time or can't work on them sequentially if the schedules worked out that way, especially since both studios are in the Seattle area. But it also does not mean she has to be loyal to only one studio - in fact she has done a large handful of other projects independent of Bungie and Halo. But I believe that if anything, possibly she is only providing small voice overs to 343i? Maybe they just need her to voice Dr. Halsey? Or a multiplayer bit part - maybe she is involved with the new 'multiplayer story' or as an announcer for FireFight?

Even though I feel deep down that I don't want to hear anyone else voice Cortana, I almost hope that she is not involved with 343i. 343i has proven they can use other actresses for Cortana before. Just look at Halo: Legends for example (very critical reception). The water has already been muddied and for everyone's sake I would almost rather just see things move on from what was. The new games, stories, and continuation of the series can be argued for or against and I almost would rather not have things getting caught in the middle.
No one ever wants to break a bone, but a clean break is almost always preferred when the inevitable is happening.

Message Index

Replies:

Cortana sighted in the trailer?Jayshum 3/8/12 4:00 p.m.
     Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Someone 3/8/12 4:20 p.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Mixmasterchief 3/8/12 4:39 p.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Jayshum 3/8/12 4:43 p.m.
     Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Firestorm12 3/8/12 4:51 p.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?davidfuchs 3/8/12 4:54 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Jayshum 3/8/12 5:20 p.m.
                       I always preferred pettanko-Cortana from H:CE *NM*SonGoharotto 3/8/12 7:35 p.m.
     Curious....padraig08 3/8/12 5:24 p.m.
           Re: Curious....FyreWulff 3/8/12 5:58 p.m.
     Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?VAVA Mk2 3/8/12 7:41 p.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Mixmasterchief 3/8/12 8:14 p.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Archilen 3/8/12 11:15 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?VAVA Mk2 3/9/12 12:31 a.m.
                       Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Quirel 3/9/12 1:05 a.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Quirel 3/9/12 1:17 a.m.
                 Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?VAVA Mk2 3/9/12 6:40 p.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?DarkS7G 3/9/12 1:42 a.m.
                 Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?PyroSporker16 3/10/12 3:23 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?General Vagueness 3/12/12 4:53 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Jayshum 3/13/12 1:01 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?General Vagueness 3/12/12 4:48 p.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?thereIwasn't 3/11/12 5:56 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?General Vagueness 3/12/12 4:56 p.m.
           Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?General Vagueness 3/12/12 4:18 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Frankie 3/14/12 12:31 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?padraig08 3/14/12 4:20 p.m.
                             Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?bluerunner 3/14/12 4:25 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Jayshum 3/14/12 4:28 p.m.
                       frankie...nomis78 3/14/12 5:52 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?Quirel 3/14/12 6:22 p.m.
                       Confirmed: 343i catering to elitist crowd! *NM*Vandle Valsher 3/14/12 9:52 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana sighted in the trailer?General Vagueness 3/16/12 7:07 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.