glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Podtacular story discussion thoughts...
Posted By: padraig08 <padraig08@live.com>Date: 9/22/11 5:33 p.m.

In Response To: Podtacular story discussion thoughts... (GrimBrother One)

Not sure what I can add that Ibeechu didn't already sum up perfectly, but I'll try.

One of the things that completely shocked me in Halo was something not even in the games, technically. It was after having read the section on the old reliable of Halo knowledge, Halopedia, that I was in pure awe of the potential scope and scale of the Halo universe. Also to their credit I have found many theory posts at HBO and B.net that were remarkable in how much in the story there is to work with. I remember one analysis on B.net suggesting that the Gravemind/ Flood/ Precursors was the result of Durandal from Marathon succedding in surviving the collapse of the universe, in some strange turn of events. Still the cool part was, nothing was overall out of bounds about that theory, with some more supporting evidence, it could be a legitmate origin story.

But where was I, ok back to Halopedia. It was the section detailing the sheer amount of interlinking references and nods to literature, religion, mythologies, numbers, and everything in between. It took my understanding of what I used to think as purre coincidence and turned it on it's side. I now feel like Halo is like inception in a way, we have to go deeper. The crazy thing, there's something deeper to find everytime.

Hope this helped.

Message Index

Replies:

Podtacular story discussion thoughts...GrimBrother One 9/22/11 12:13 a.m.
     Re: Podtacular story discussion thoughts...Ibeechu 9/22/11 2:42 a.m.
           Great thoughts :-) *NM*GrimBrother One 9/22/11 10:12 a.m.
           Re: Podtacular story discussion thoughts...General Battuta 9/22/11 10:38 a.m.
           nicely doneMiguel Chavez 9/22/11 12:10 p.m.
           Re: ONI did itdavidfuchs 9/22/11 2:05 p.m.
     Instant Plot: Just Add Forerunner.Quirel 9/22/11 11:51 a.m.
           Re: Instant Plot: Just Add Forerunner.Archilen 9/22/11 12:13 p.m.
                 Re: Instant Plot: Just Add Forerunner.davidfuchs 9/22/11 2:10 p.m.
                       Re: Instant Plot: Just Add Forerunner.Ibeechu 9/22/11 2:18 p.m.
                             Re: Instant Plot: Just Add Forerunner.davidfuchs 9/22/11 4:03 p.m.
                 An Emerging Trend: Kill It NOW!Quirel 9/22/11 8:17 p.m.
     Re: Podtacular story discussion thoughts...padraig08 9/22/11 5:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.