glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: As long as it's nothing like this....
Posted By: ArchilenDate: 8/17/11 6:40 a.m.

In Response To: Re: As long as it's nothing like this.... (RC Master)

: Heh, I made the same mistake. I ended up literally wasting hours on probing
: them to depletion and thousands of credits on the probes themselves, sure
: that there was a point to the vast amount of minerals available.

: No point, no payoff. I couldn't even sell my surplus minerals to anyone.
: Would have much rather driven around in the Mako for the same length of
: time.

Agreed. The Mako exploration was much more interesting, even though it did get tedious after a few planets. For me, despite the eventual repetitiveness, there was a certain level of sci-fi sense of wonder when first exploring the open, alien worlds. The same can't really be said of ME2's linear shooting galleries.

On a related note, I'd love if ME1's collection quests had a serious impact on ME3. Like if you surveyed all the minerals, the Alliance would be better equipped to fight against the Reapers, or if you collected all the Prothean data disks the galactic civilization would make a technological breakthrough which could give them an edge, etc. Most likely not going to happen though, given the direction the series has been heading recently. I love the ME universe, and I'm desperately waiting to see what happens, but I can't help but feel concerned whether the story will hold up until the end.

Funny thing about ME2 was, the writing was oddly uneven. The character quests were written up to the standards of the first game while the main storyline itself didn't come even close. The Arrival DLC was a massive step for the worse. The main problem, I think, is the Reapers. They went from unknowable, ancient alien superintelligences into incompetent cartoon villains who spout one-liners that are only good for internet memes. Back at the end of ME1, I thought the Reapers could not reasonably be beaten if they ever managed to invade and they had to be somehow eliminated before they could do that. Now, despite all the build-up, I'm not convinced for one second the Reapers have a chance to win even when they invade.

Message Index

Replies:

I wanna be a World Designer!RC Master 8/16/11 12:44 p.m.
     Re: I wanna be a World Designer!kornman00 8/16/11 1:04 p.m.
           Re: I wanna be a World Designer!FyreWulff 8/16/11 4:02 p.m.
                 IDK, I've never actually played WoW lol *NM*kornman00 8/16/11 4:49 p.m.
                       If you have to have EXP, or PI, or whateverBeckx 8/16/11 4:56 p.m.
     Re: I wanna be a World Designer!Raaascal 8/16/11 1:06 p.m.
     Re: I wanna be a World Designer!pete_the_duck 8/16/11 2:41 p.m.
     As long as it's nothing like this....Capt Spanish 8/16/11 4:14 p.m.
           Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Beckx 8/16/11 4:17 p.m.
                 Re: As long as it's nothing like this....excowboy83 8/16/11 4:30 p.m.
                       Re: As long as it's nothing like this....ncsuDuncan 8/16/11 4:33 p.m.
                       Re: As long as it's nothing like this....pete_the_duck 8/16/11 4:33 p.m.
                             Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Beckx 8/16/11 4:34 p.m.
                       Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Beckx 8/16/11 4:33 p.m.
                             Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Capt Spanish 8/16/11 5:36 p.m.
                       Re: As long as it's nothing like this....RC Master 8/16/11 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Phoenix_9286 8/16/11 10:05 p.m.
                                   I agree. It wasn't perfect...Leviathan 8/17/11 3:14 a.m.
                                   Re: As long as it's nothing like this....RC Master 8/17/11 6:09 a.m.
                                         Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Archilen 8/17/11 6:40 a.m.
                                               Re: As long as it's nothing like this....excowboy83 8/17/11 12:57 p.m.
     Re: I wanna be a World Designer!dmiller 9/8/11 9:51 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.