glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: As long as it's nothing like this....
Posted By: Phoenix_9286 <ian.sechler@gmail.com>Date: 8/16/11 10:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: As long as it's nothing like this.... (RC Master)

: So what if it wasn't the greatest vehicle ever? It was a billion times more
: fun than the probing mini-game.

This. Probing planets put me to sleep on multiple occasions. I wish I was lying.

Before ME2, I was praising the new system. No more driving the same path in the shit Mako that can climb 85 degree slopes, but not 86 degree slopes! No more endlessly driving around fighting through the same 3 bases over and over again for a handful of minerals!

And then I played ME2. And I wept openly over the lack of a Mako. N7 missions were an improvment over the same 3 bases over and over. However the delivery, was not. The transitions, were not. I'd much rather have landed on these N7 planets in my Mako, driven around, found my mineral deposits THAT way, and then driven to the mission sites, jumped out, and gone to town before returning to the Mako and driving to an LZ for dust off.

It did not help matters that the first time I played, I wasn't fully aware until near the end of the game (my own fault for not paying attention) that I didn't HAVE to scan and probe EVERY. LAST. SINGLE. PLANET. For the minerals? No. I was fairly aware I had a pretty massive supply, and I even worked out a system that would let me probe a planet and move on in under five minutes. What I wasn't aware of, was that you didn't have to probe every single planet to depletion for it to count towards the system completion percentage. All you had to do was stop at the planet, and then you could move on.

Mako > Probing

Message Index

Replies:

I wanna be a World Designer!RC Master 8/16/11 12:44 p.m.
     Re: I wanna be a World Designer!kornman00 8/16/11 1:04 p.m.
           Re: I wanna be a World Designer!FyreWulff 8/16/11 4:02 p.m.
                 IDK, I've never actually played WoW lol *NM*kornman00 8/16/11 4:49 p.m.
                       If you have to have EXP, or PI, or whateverBeckx 8/16/11 4:56 p.m.
     Re: I wanna be a World Designer!Raaascal 8/16/11 1:06 p.m.
     Re: I wanna be a World Designer!pete_the_duck 8/16/11 2:41 p.m.
     As long as it's nothing like this....Capt Spanish 8/16/11 4:14 p.m.
           Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Beckx 8/16/11 4:17 p.m.
                 Re: As long as it's nothing like this....excowboy83 8/16/11 4:30 p.m.
                       Re: As long as it's nothing like this....ncsuDuncan 8/16/11 4:33 p.m.
                       Re: As long as it's nothing like this....pete_the_duck 8/16/11 4:33 p.m.
                             Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Beckx 8/16/11 4:34 p.m.
                       Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Beckx 8/16/11 4:33 p.m.
                             Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Capt Spanish 8/16/11 5:36 p.m.
                       Re: As long as it's nothing like this....RC Master 8/16/11 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Phoenix_9286 8/16/11 10:05 p.m.
                                   I agree. It wasn't perfect...Leviathan 8/17/11 3:14 a.m.
                                   Re: As long as it's nothing like this....RC Master 8/17/11 6:09 a.m.
                                         Re: As long as it's nothing like this....Archilen 8/17/11 6:40 a.m.
                                               Re: As long as it's nothing like this....excowboy83 8/17/11 12:57 p.m.
     Re: I wanna be a World Designer!dmiller 9/8/11 9:51 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.