Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Active Playlist Fileset Project
Posted By: squidnh3Date: 7/30/11 3:27 p.m.

In Response To: Active Playlist Fileset Project (GodlyPerfection)

Thanks much for this. I have a LAN party that I'll be "DJing" for in a few weeks, and I was just last night going through and updating my gametypes from FyreWulff's repository, but this additional resource should allow me to round out my collection.

I can imagine one incredible difficulty of putting this together is the fact that all of the capture the flag variants (i.e. default CTF 4v4 Objective and default CTF 8v8 BTB) have the same name, so it's hard to tell them apart in the gametype choice menu. Do you have any strategies for combating this? I guess renaming them would work, but that's just annoying.

I'm also becoming overwhelmed with the amount of Forge World maps I now have. Originally I renamed them so that Matchmaking variants had "MM" before the name, Forgetactular entries had "FT", and remakes had "RM". However, there's so many that I've forgotten what names correspond to what maps, so that system is less useful (plus I lose the authors). I've now decided to go through and re-download, and put the names of the maps into an Excel sheet with map types and descriptions to make them easier to look through and find what I'm looking for. Anyone else do something similar?

Message Index

Replies:

Active Playlist Fileset ProjectGodlyPerfection 7/30/11 1:35 p.m.
     Re: Active Playlist Fileset Projectsquidnh3 7/30/11 3:27 p.m.
           Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectFyreWulff 7/31/11 1:01 p.m.
           Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectExternal Memory 7/31/11 6:19 p.m.
     Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectDEEP NNN 7/30/11 3:30 p.m.
     Thanks for bringing this to us!RC Master 7/31/11 7:42 a.m.
     Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectDEEP NNN 7/31/11 9:56 a.m.
           Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectGodlyPerfection 7/31/11 10:09 a.m.
                 Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectDEEP NNN 7/31/11 11:43 a.m.
                 Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectFyreWulff 7/31/11 12:55 p.m.
                       Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectDEEP NNN 7/31/11 2:17 p.m.
                             Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectExternal Memory 7/31/11 3:20 p.m.
                       Re: Active Playlist Fileset ProjectExternal Memory 7/31/11 3:56 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.