Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I liked Legends, and my pyre awaits.
Posted By: Jaydee <ultralisk_736@hotmail.com>Date: 6/8/11 2:15 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Cue Halo monk chanting (Chewbeccawacca)

: Hmm, I suppose I can see where you're coming from. And I must concede, you
: are right that there are moments. Now that I think about it, I am rather
: fond of that scene in The Package with the Spartans running and gunning
: down the corridors.

: But the scenes with the UNSC/Covenant fighting the flood...
: I don't recall a joint-offensive on that scale. Have I forgotten something?

: I'm not trying to troll or anything, I'm just interested to see what other
: Halo fans thought of it.

Personally, I liked Halo Legends. Dialogue was cheesy sometimes, but I think it was a great effort, and I would personally love it if they tried their hand at it again. I recall Frankie mentioned it was a way of testing the waters on what producing a Halo film would be like, and for what the project was, it was a good try. Still, every episode has to be judged by itself, rather than as a whole, concerning the different studios. Artistic liberty was going to be a given, not to mention they were going to have a few limitations concerning censorship and the like.

Homecoming was born out of a great idea, though I expected Elfed Lied levels of tragedy, for all it was, and I disliked a lot of the animation. Daisy's reasons for her desertion, mental state, and consideration to kill her clone could have got more exploration within the short, and most of the sense of tragedy appears if you are familiar with Halo canon. Still, it could be explored within EU material, or fan-wanking creative stuff out of the episode. I personally have a blast making headcanon out of stuff, and have been writing a lot about this particular Spartan lately.

I'd take a long time typing, but TL;DR, I liked Legends, and I hope they do make another compilation.

A Fool's Rants

Message Index

Replies:

Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special Edition?GrimBrother One 6/7/11 3:56 p.m.
     Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioBeckx 6/7/11 3:59 p.m.
           Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special Editiobluerunner 6/7/11 4:07 p.m.
                 ^This x 343,000,000 *NM*The Loot 6/7/11 4:32 p.m.
                 Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 6:09 p.m.
     Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioCaptainTony 6/7/11 3:59 p.m.
     Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioDMFanella 6/7/11 5:08 p.m.
           Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioBry 6/7/11 5:10 p.m.
                 *SOB!* *NM*GrimBrother One 6/7/11 5:26 p.m.
                       Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/7/11 5:58 p.m.
                             Re: Cue Halo monk chantingChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 6:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/7/11 7:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Cue Halo monk chantingChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 7:21 p.m.
                                               Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/7/11 7:31 p.m.
                                                     Re: Cue Halo monk chantingChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 7:53 p.m.
                                                           Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/7/11 8:04 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Cue Halo monk chantingChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 8:59 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/8/11 4:29 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/8/11 12:48 p.m.
                                                           I liked Legends, and my pyre awaits.Jaydee 6/8/11 2:15 p.m.
                 Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioDMFanella 6/7/11 5:46 p.m.
           Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioCaptainTony 6/7/11 5:12 p.m.
                 Make it HBO Exclusive! |XD| Yay Perks! *NM*INSANEdrive 6/7/11 5:26 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.