Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cue Halo monk chanting
Posted By: Chewbeccawacca <sauers.anthony@gmail.com>Date: 6/7/11 8:59 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Cue Halo monk chanting (Bry)

: Nah, it never happened in the games or even any of the other fiction like
: that, but it would have been kind of nice if it had, especially in a last
: stand scenario.

Oh, yeah I would personaly have loved to have a massive in-game engagement with the Covenant (or elementes of it) and UNSC fighting together against a common foe.

: Though we did see hints of it reappearing in Halo Evolutions with the Mona
: Lisa, where there is a certain measure of co-operation and understanding
: before an official alliance or the Sangheili having any knowledge of the
: humans position as reclaimers.

I did really enjoy Evolutions as a whole, with the one exception of "Blunt Instruments". I felt that story failed to capture the stoicism of the Spartan II's. That same feel that Nylund does oh so well.

: Overall, I'm quite forgiving when it comes to the Halo fiction. I owe them
: too much to ever feel like they owe me anything.

I try to be. But the fanboy in me rears his ugly head anytime I see something that I feel isn't to my (oft imagined) exacting standards.

: Though looking back at the Babysitter now, I think its pretty cool that all
: the way back then they incorporated hints and ideas that wouldn't, and
: didn't, make any sense at all until Cryptum was released.

O! O! Spoilers! Heh, let me cut you off on that one, I've been really looking forward to Cryptum as Greg Bear is one of my favorite sci-fi authors. To see him doing work with one of my favorite sci-fi universes quite literally cause me to squee. But alas, I've yet to be able to pick up a copy from my local book-facilitator. But I'm glad to hear of tie-ins! That's exciting news!

Message Index

Replies:

Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special Edition?GrimBrother One 6/7/11 3:56 p.m.
     Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioBeckx 6/7/11 3:59 p.m.
           Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special Editiobluerunner 6/7/11 4:07 p.m.
                 ^This x 343,000,000 *NM*The Loot 6/7/11 4:32 p.m.
                 Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 6:09 p.m.
     Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioCaptainTony 6/7/11 3:59 p.m.
     Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioDMFanella 6/7/11 5:08 p.m.
           Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioBry 6/7/11 5:10 p.m.
                 *SOB!* *NM*GrimBrother One 6/7/11 5:26 p.m.
                       Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/7/11 5:58 p.m.
                             Re: Cue Halo monk chantingChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 6:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/7/11 7:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Cue Halo monk chantingChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 7:21 p.m.
                                               Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/7/11 7:31 p.m.
                                                     Re: Cue Halo monk chantingChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 7:53 p.m.
                                                           Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/7/11 8:04 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Cue Halo monk chantingChewbeccawacca 6/7/11 8:59 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/8/11 4:29 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Cue Halo monk chantingBry 6/8/11 12:48 p.m.
                                                           I liked Legends, and my pyre awaits.Jaydee 6/8/11 2:15 p.m.
                 Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioDMFanella 6/7/11 5:46 p.m.
           Re: Frankie, can we get a Steelbook Special EditioCaptainTony 6/7/11 5:12 p.m.
                 Make it HBO Exclusive! |XD| Yay Perks! *NM*INSANEdrive 6/7/11 5:26 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.