Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I think it's a perfect storm of sorts
Posted By: padraig08 <padraig08@live.com>Date: 6/1/11 1:37 p.m.

In Response To: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid. (munky-058)

: Black Ops was a really fun game. The "endless" waves of baddies
: make segments more like a puzzle than a shooter, and that game is better
: for them. Without those segments that frustrate the crap out of average
: gamers, CoD would just be a generic linear shooter with awesome scripted
: events and horrible rail segments. But moments like the War Room in CoD4
: and the Rooftops in BlOps are puzzles that test your every reflex, wit,
: and patience. At the end, you figure out the solution, and you feel
: accomplished.

: Mile High Club? People have cursed this segment to the fiery pits of Hell. I
: can complete it on demand, with time to spare, and an Orange Crush in one
: hand..

: Just last night we were discussing how long certain CoD segments took us on
: Veteran, and memorable moments from CoD4, which I found superior to Halo
: 3's "memorable" moments.

: I hate CoD fanboys, but seriously, complaints against CoD games generally
: make me group people into the same category of idiocy.

We're all on a Halo forum. Whether or not we like it, COD is it's direct competitor. Which is fine. Competition breeds better products. However, I remember a situation similar to this in the early 90s. You either liked a red Italian plumber, or a blue furry with f1 race cars for shoes. Now, since this mostly happened between kids, it didn't get all that intense. But, when Sega dropped out of the console race and sonic games could be on Nintendo consoles, it was ok to like both.

Here we a similar problem, a more self influenced problem. Instead of a hardware gap keeping people away, it's multiplayer investment and design philosophies. You can like both, but for loyal fans of certain design techniques and franchises, they usually conflict. Which, again, is fine. I don't like the idea of getting more perks as you level up, and I'm sure some people don't like leveling up for just armor. At that point it's preference.

Then come in the fanboys, I'm not talking HBO style fanboys (I love you Loftus), I'm more talking XBL style fanboys. Let me demonstrate:

HBO Style

Random: Hey do you play COD?

Loftus: (Whatever answer Loftus would give), I just like Halo better. It's really beautiful and well designed.

Random: Wow, that is both respectful and poetic. Have you ever seen these signs in the Campaign?

Loftus: Yes, yes I have Randy.

Random: Really which ones?

Loftus: Yes.

XBL Style

Random: Have you ever played COD?

Sutfol: Are you serious? COD sucks many monkey's balls, and if you play it, so do you.

Random: Why? What don't you like?

Sutfol: Listen, your mother play calls COD while giving me fellatio.

Random: How would that even be possible?

Sutlof: She's a real trooper Randy.

Rinse, repeat.

Dealing with these kinds of people in relation to COD and Halo (and most games in general) creates a circle of never ending rage. It rubs off on everybody and brings humanity down a few notches.

But that's just a theory.

A Backyard Padio

Message Index

Replies:

May 2011 REACH Population ReportDEEP NNN 6/1/11 8:23 a.m.
     Re: May 2011 REACH Population Reportmattroe 6/1/11 8:50 a.m.
     Another way at looking at the numbersFyreWulff 6/1/11 9:32 a.m.
           LOL at BLOPs hahahahahaRevenant1988 6/1/11 9:37 a.m.
                 Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.munky-058 6/1/11 10:06 a.m.
                       Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Revenant1988 6/1/11 10:15 a.m.
                       Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Bones153 6/1/11 10:41 a.m.
                             Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Beckx 6/1/11 10:45 a.m.
                                   I said around the river, not through!Bones153 6/1/11 10:49 a.m.
                                         Re: I said around the river, not through!CaneCutter 6/1/11 10:51 a.m.
                                               SSsspppaaaaccceeeeeeee *balls*Revenant1988 6/1/11 10:53 a.m.
                                               "She's gone from suck to blow!" *NM*Bones153 6/1/11 10:58 a.m.
                                                     Re: "She's gone from suck to blow!"CaneCutter 6/1/11 11:00 a.m.
                                                     "What happened to seven?!" *NM*Dagoonite 6/2/11 4:48 p.m.
                       I think it's a perfect storm of sortspadraig08 6/1/11 1:37 p.m.
                             Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortsLouis Wu 6/1/11 2:25 p.m.
                                   Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortsSonofMacPhisto 6/1/11 2:30 p.m.
                                   Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortsBeckx 6/1/11 2:31 p.m.
                                   Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortspadraig08 6/1/11 10:00 p.m.
                             Sutfol is right, though. *NM*Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) 6/1/11 2:28 p.m.
                             Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortskatancik 6/1/11 5:49 p.m.
                       Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Hyokin 6/1/11 2:08 p.m.
                             Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Bones153 6/1/11 2:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Hyokin 6/1/11 3:06 p.m.
                                         Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Bones153 6/1/11 3:23 p.m.
                             Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Avateur 6/1/11 10:24 p.m.
           Re: Another way at looking at the numbersDEEP NNN 6/1/11 9:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.