Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.
Posted By: Bones153 <mbones153@gmail.com>Date: 6/1/11 10:41 a.m.

In Response To: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid. (munky-058)

: Black Ops was a really fun game.

It certainly can be.

: The "endless" waves of baddies make segments more like a puzzle than a
: shooter, and that game is better for them.

A puzzle where you have no time to stop and think about the solution, because you're constantly prone behind some crate and die almost immediately if you try to poke your head out - resulting in countless trail and error deaths. I'd call that a poor puzzle.

: Without those segments that frustrate the crap out of average gamers, CoD
: would just be a generic linear shooter with awesome scripted events and
: horrible rail segments. But moments like the War Room in CoD4
: and the Rooftops in BlOps are puzzles that test your every reflex, wit,
: and patience. At the end, you figure out the solution, and you feel
: accomplished.

For me, these types of "puzzles" test baseline memorization. The rifleman will spawn behind that wall, the shotgunner will come through that hallway 10 seconds afterward, etc.

I don't find memorizing enemy locations fun, at all. That's why I vastly prefer playing the new Ninja Gaiden games over the originals. Rather than having to memorize each screen's enemy locations, I can focus on their attack patterns and move sets - and how to get around those. That's why I find Ninja Gaiden II and Halo's combat so engaging, while COD's somewhat on the stale side.

: Mile High Club? People have cursed this segment to the fiery pits of Hell. I
: can complete it on demand, with time to spare, and an Orange Crush in one
: hand.

Sunkist is the superior orange drank.

: Just last night we were discussing how long certain CoD segments took us on
: Veteran, and memorable moments from CoD4, which I found superior to Halo
: 3's "memorable" moments.

I'm all for a challenge, but there are sections on Veteran that are stupidly ridiculous. I never felt like I'd past those segments through skill, but luck of the draw/spawn.

GT: Bones 153

Message Index

Replies:

May 2011 REACH Population ReportDEEP NNN 6/1/11 8:23 a.m.
     Re: May 2011 REACH Population Reportmattroe 6/1/11 8:50 a.m.
     Another way at looking at the numbersFyreWulff 6/1/11 9:32 a.m.
           LOL at BLOPs hahahahahaRevenant1988 6/1/11 9:37 a.m.
                 Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.munky-058 6/1/11 10:06 a.m.
                       Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Revenant1988 6/1/11 10:15 a.m.
                       Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Bones153 6/1/11 10:41 a.m.
                             Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Beckx 6/1/11 10:45 a.m.
                                   I said around the river, not through!Bones153 6/1/11 10:49 a.m.
                                         Re: I said around the river, not through!CaneCutter 6/1/11 10:51 a.m.
                                               SSsspppaaaaccceeeeeeee *balls*Revenant1988 6/1/11 10:53 a.m.
                                               "She's gone from suck to blow!" *NM*Bones153 6/1/11 10:58 a.m.
                                                     Re: "She's gone from suck to blow!"CaneCutter 6/1/11 11:00 a.m.
                                                     "What happened to seven?!" *NM*Dagoonite 6/2/11 4:48 p.m.
                       I think it's a perfect storm of sortspadraig08 6/1/11 1:37 p.m.
                             Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortsLouis Wu 6/1/11 2:25 p.m.
                                   Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortsSonofMacPhisto 6/1/11 2:30 p.m.
                                   Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortsBeckx 6/1/11 2:31 p.m.
                                   Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortspadraig08 6/1/11 10:00 p.m.
                             Sutfol is right, though. *NM*Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) 6/1/11 2:28 p.m.
                             Re: I think it's a perfect storm of sortskatancik 6/1/11 5:49 p.m.
                       Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Hyokin 6/1/11 2:08 p.m.
                             Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Bones153 6/1/11 2:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Hyokin 6/1/11 3:06 p.m.
                                         Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Bones153 6/1/11 3:23 p.m.
                             Re: Seriously, this CoD hate is stupid.Avateur 6/1/11 10:24 p.m.
           Re: Another way at looking at the numbersDEEP NNN 6/1/11 9:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.