Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo [R]Evolved - 343 Guilty Spark
Posted By: Dagoonite <dagoonite@gmail.com>Date: 5/14/11 7:15 p.m.

In Response To: Halo [R]Evolved - 343 Guilty Spark (SonGoharotto)

I haven't said anything before now for a variety of reasons, but mostly because I'm not a fan of somebody just saying "I LIKE." It always just feels weak to me, but it does let you know that people are reading and appreciating.

This isn't too shabby at all. I like your ideas, and your take on restructuring the game. Some of them are simple, but some of them show good insight. For example, the fact that you're considering how to pad out a level shows a good deal of foresight.

My only concern is that flood levels tend to get a little repetitive. There isn't a lot of variation in gameplay, at least for Halo 1 Flood. (The Flood in Halo 3 were much better at keeping things interesting, but mostly due to the inclusion of the purestrain flood. I'm not sure if these would work on a remake of the original Halo, simply because it always felt to me that purestrain couldn't exist without a Gravemind.) I always felt that this was the reason why this particular level was somewhat shorter; given the next level's trench run through hordes of Flood, they didn't want to make the player sick of them.

Other than that, though, I just wanted to let you know that I've been digging these. I LIKE. :)

Message Index

Replies:

Halo [R]Evolved - 343 Guilty SparkSonGoharotto 5/14/11 5:59 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - 343 Guilty SparkDagoonite 5/14/11 7:15 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - 343 Guilty SparkSonGoharotto 5/14/11 7:43 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - 343 Guilty SparkThe Loot 5/15/11 1:42 a.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - 343 Guilty SparkZackDark 5/15/11 3:40 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - 343 Guilty SparkSonGoharotto 5/15/11 5:07 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.