Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapist
Posted By: Jabberwok <funkycaribou@aim.com>Date: 11/10/10 2:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapist (NotTheVacuum)

It's obvious that this guy set out to draw a Halo = Nazis comparison and then jumped on the easiest way to do so. One point I'd like to add is that the UNSC IS multicultural. Even in the first game, there were a variety of different accents, characters clearly from different ethnic backgrounds. And even without going beyond the games, it's obvious that these people come from many different planets with different cultures (the language spoken by the colonists on Reach, for one). I don't know enough about the fiction to say what sort of civilian government exists, but the games deal with members of a military organization, which is autocratic by definition. And the most painfully obvious problem with this is, like others have said, the Covenant is in the process of committing genocide.
[I couldn't bring myself to watch the video, actually. Just got the gist from the comments, and knew watching it would just make me angry.]

Message Index

Replies:

More Halo discussion from The EscapistGeneral Vagueness 11/9/10 4:16 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistAzo 'Galvat 11/9/10 4:50 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistspartanman02------WebKitFormBoundaryKi+OS0ZNYGglOs 11/9/10 4:58 p.m.
           Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistGeneral Vagueness 11/9/10 6:34 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistArchilen 11/9/10 5:01 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistoverdoziz 11/9/10 5:17 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistuberfoop 11/9/10 5:59 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistQuirel 11/9/10 10:10 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistscarab 11/10/10 8:24 a.m.
           Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistNotTheVacuum 11/10/10 9:42 a.m.
                 Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistscarab 11/10/10 1:47 p.m.
                 Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistJabberwok 11/10/10 2:43 p.m.
     This guy needs a phyco evaluation...sharpsniper99 11/10/10 9:44 a.m.
     The Game OverthinkerIceEagle85 11/10/10 10:33 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.