Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapist
Posted By: uberfoop <atkinso2@seattleu.edu>Date: 11/9/10 5:59 p.m.

In Response To: More Halo discussion from The Escapist (General Vagueness)

I'll agree with him about the Covenant being more interesting, but within the main trilogy even that's only really relevant if we're criticizing Halo 3; Halo 1's storytelling is far stranger than people give it credit for and certainly requires and uses the simplicity it has (at some point I'm considering articulating this in depth), and Halo 2 DOES focus on the Covenant.

As for the critique as a whole... you've got to be kidding me.

Also, am I really the only person out there who considers it a possibility that Thermopylae as depicted in 300 is non-diegetic and can, at some level, be perceived as a display of bias and subjectivity? I mean, the narrative makes it clear that what we see in the film is a story being told by, suspiciously, the only dude who made it out of there alive, who is in a situation where he has a lot of incentive to motivate his troops, and who lived in a society where historical rigour was generally not a consideration? Of COURSE his version of the story is going to look like that! Heck, it's practically the only way to make it make sense!

Message Index

Replies:

More Halo discussion from The EscapistGeneral Vagueness 11/9/10 4:16 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistAzo 'Galvat 11/9/10 4:50 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistspartanman02------WebKitFormBoundaryKi+OS0ZNYGglOs 11/9/10 4:58 p.m.
           Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistGeneral Vagueness 11/9/10 6:34 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistArchilen 11/9/10 5:01 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistoverdoziz 11/9/10 5:17 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistuberfoop 11/9/10 5:59 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistQuirel 11/9/10 10:10 p.m.
     Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistscarab 11/10/10 8:24 a.m.
           Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistNotTheVacuum 11/10/10 9:42 a.m.
                 Re: More Halo discussion from The Escapistscarab 11/10/10 1:47 p.m.
                 Re: More Halo discussion from The EscapistJabberwok 11/10/10 2:43 p.m.
     This guy needs a phyco evaluation...sharpsniper99 11/10/10 9:44 a.m.
     The Game OverthinkerIceEagle85 11/10/10 10:33 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.