Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGN
Posted By: reprobateDate: 11/24/07 12:38 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGN (gspawn)

: I don't get how the immediate assumption is that Bungie dropped the ball.
: Marvel has built a reputation of messing up tie-in comics lately (see:
: Uprising comics delayed for months and months). And the Halo Graphic Novel
: was incredible.

It's Bungie's IP and their baby. They didn't have to have another comic made, but they went ahead with Marvel anyway. Bungie often likes to state that they try to put out only good quality products based on their IPs, and Uprising just hasn't been up to par with the rest of the Halo series. All of what you guys have listed have been the many failures of the series, and there are other issues I have as well. The good things that I can name in Uprising are basically OK artwork and the slightest nod to the novels. Everything else was just plain bad.

I like the IDEA of following civilians on Earth as it is being wasted by the Covenant, but it was handled so poorly in this series that I hope Bungie doesn't do anything with that again unless they really work on it. I Love Bees had a FAR, FAR superior civilian storyline in their game for Halo 2.

I'm disappointed especially because of what the IGN review brought up was probably valid; Uprising just doesn't do justice to the Halo back story. This was a big chance for Bungie to prove to a new audience that they had more depth to their stories than shoot-the-aliens-in-their-friggin-face, and it didn't show through. Merely hinting at the existence of the novels doesn't do the overall Halo story justice. There is so much potential there for Halo and comics, and Bungie really does care about their stories, so I have faith that they can see what went wrong and fix it in the future. Get new people on any future potential comic series and hopefully a new publisher, and go from there.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGNAfroRyan 11/23/07 1:52 a.m.
     Re: Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGNreprobate 11/23/07 5:55 a.m.
           Re: Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGNgspawn 11/23/07 10:14 a.m.
                 Just got it myself *SP*Dundradal 11/23/07 12:02 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGNreprobate 11/24/07 12:38 a.m.
                       Re: Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGNVVM 11/24/07 1:41 a.m.
                       Re: Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGNgspawn 11/24/07 7:39 a.m.
     Re: Halo Uprising #2 review up at IGNLeviathan 11/24/07 1:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.