Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Madness
Posted By: Skunkwurx <tyranthive@hotmail.com>Date: 9/29/06 10:21 a.m.

In Response To: It was specified as non-Spartan armor by Frankie. *NM* (Document)

I think some people have lost the plot of this entirely.... like all Spartans not receiving upgraded armor...
Mk IV was the first, No shields
Mk V was seen in the first halo game and if anyone can remember every Spartan was outfitted with the Mk V armor because in the first strike all the Spartans described had shielding...
Mk VI armor seen in Halo 2... Now we also know the some Spartans got upgrades to their armor in the first strike because Dr Halsey gives it to them in the underground ONI base,

Now as for the picture everyone so far is wrong with this hole Mk V and MK VI thing. Yes there is a MK V in the Picture and yes there is a Mk VI in the picture but the one closest is not the Mk VI as everyone said... Study it... His chest plate is one piece just like the MK V in halo 1. Also the helmet has the black long thin wings just above the visor just like the Mk V, also the hand guard on the back of his hand has no holes as in the Mk V...

The armor in the back ground is Mk VI for definite...
It has 5 round indents on the hand guard just like halo 2 armor the Mk VI
The wings above the visor are green and short and thick just like the Mk VI ones
Also probably the biggest difference to see is on the helmet of the one in the back ground there are no air vents... but on the near one there is...

As for the new armor it is definitely human made.... look at the way its drawn and the colour and the way it fits... I wouldn’t say by chance the forerunner made it to look like that... Now looking at it from two ways, from an artist point of view and a story teller...
First the Artist, I would say it is an armor designed for maximum protection... whether it has shields or not... look how the shoulder joints fit, much less gap than the Mk V or VI and then the wrist joint... there is no wrist, its a massive forearm with a hand.. The helmet looks much more alien but, but better designed.
It gives the user a greater field of vision and dispenses with the needless wings and other such things the need not be on the helmet... even the fingers are individually armored

From a story point of view, This armor looks to bulky and doesn’t allow the limbs to have full travel... it looks like the armor is compensating for the lack of Spartan traits, like reinforced bones and better eye sight and stronger muscles... and to do this the wrist joint has been taken out all together and the shoulders hunched up, a bigger visor, armored fingers, totally armored (with green plate) legs... Can you imaging what Kelly would think of that, she is the fast one and all the design futures would slow her down...

Colonel Ackerson was never a fan of the Spartan program, he wanted weapons not super humans, and I think he might of stolen the idea for Mjolnir and was tiring to create a suit for a normal human but having to compensate for the fact Spartans were the only ones capably of using Mjolnir. I'd say the suit is a type of Mjolnir designed for normal humans that doesn’t amplify strength or reflex at all but is just enough to carry its own weight and provide the warier with armor and a shield, this would explain why there is no pack, it doesn't need half the power

Now I could be wrong, I love the Idea of a crazy new suit for the Spartans or something along those lines like Kelly has it but it don’t look like something she'd like lol... and it cant be John MC warring it because at this time in the book he's on Earth...

Anyone any other idea's?

Message Index

Replies:

Ghosts of Onyx speculation58 9/8/06 8:49 p.m.
     Upon further scrutinization...58 9/8/06 9:34 p.m.
           Re: Upon further scrutinization...Bodie 9/8/06 9:50 p.m.
                 Re: Upon further scrutinization...Cocopjojo 9/8/06 9:54 p.m.
                 Re: Upon further scrutinization...UrsusArctos 9/8/06 10:17 p.m.
                       Re: Upon further scrutinization...58 9/8/06 10:39 p.m.
                             Re: Upon further scrutinization...Peptuck 9/9/06 2:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Upon further scrutinization...gspawn 9/9/06 7:17 a.m.
                 Re: Upon further scrutinization...Peptuck 9/9/06 1:50 a.m.
           My ThoughtsSteve 9/8/06 10:07 p.m.
                 Re: My Thoughts58 9/8/06 10:38 p.m.
                       Re: My Thoughtsserpx 9/8/06 11:25 p.m.
                             Re: My Thoughts58 9/9/06 12:11 a.m.
                       Re: My ThoughtsCorinator 9/8/06 11:35 p.m.
                             Re: My ThoughtsRosco-128 9/9/06 1:18 a.m.
                                   Re: My Thoughtsj41m3z 9/9/06 1:20 a.m.
     Re: Ghosts of Onyx speculationvlad3163 9/9/06 1:08 a.m.
           Re: Ghosts of Onyx speculationSPARTAN-034 9/9/06 12:40 p.m.
                 Re: Ghosts of Onyx speculationSmackblasta 9/28/06 12:11 a.m.
                       ::snicker:: a little behind schedule.Smackblasta 9/28/06 12:12 a.m.
                       It was specified as non-Spartan armor by Frankie. *NM*Document 9/28/06 12:14 a.m.
                             Re: MadnessSkunkwurx 9/29/06 10:21 a.m.
                       Re: Ghosts of Onyx speculationSkunkwurx 10/1/06 3:02 p.m.
                             Re: Ghosts of Onyx speculationStephen L. (SoundEffect) 10/1/06 3:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Ghosts of Onyx speculationUrsusArctos 10/2/06 12:55 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.