glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...
Posted By: Keith <kjordan1@gmail.com>Date: 11/22/04 5:14 p.m.

In Response To: Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot... (guest)

: I think what the guy was saying was, there are a whole lot of damn good
: players, players who beat Halo 1 on Legendary, who are taking 10, 20 hours
: on the 2nd bay area on Legendary difficulty. So it's hard to imagine
: someone getting through that part so quickly.

: I mean yeah, it would all make sense if these were sucky players having
: trouble.

It took me about 40 tries, maybe more, to come up with a strategy that works.

Here is what I did (also posted elsewhere).

In my case, at the checkpoint, I could turn and go back to the previous hangar bay and pick up weapons. However, if I wait for long at all, those weapons will be cleaned up. So, first thing is, I go back to the previous hangar bay and make a pile of plasma pistols in the hall. I dual wield them, walk into the hall, and press y to drop one. I came up with 10 plasma pistols.

I also moved a couple of other weapons into the hall for use if needed.

I then armed dual needlers (but had few shots left) and went back in, blowing out the gunners on the upper level (sometimes, the Marines had killed one or both by this point). Then I shot any remaining needles at the cluster of Covenant.

I used the battle rifle to kill as many grunts as possible so they wouldn't cause me to waste plasma pistol shots later. I ran into the hall on the other side of the room and got the battle rifle rounds and a few extra frag grenades. I threw frag grenades to further kill grunts and to hopefully injure the elites.

Then I got down to the meat of it. I armed one plasma pistol and the battle rifle and hid behind the big green box at the room's entrance. I would fire a charged plasma shot, duck back behind the box, then come back out with the battle rifle and try to shoot whatever elite I thought the charged shot had hit. If I shot the right one, this would usually kill the elite with just one burst.

Of course, I missed a lot with both weapons. I also frequently shot the wrong elite; and many times, my own shields would be wiped out after coming out to fire the charged shot, so it was an opportunity wasted. I went through nine of the plasma pistols and ran out of battle rifle rounds. I started using the SMG and pistol (experimenting with both - the SMG seemed to do better).

I got down to one elite remaining and got the checkpoint where the doors in the floor open and it tells you that you are now supposed to go find the bomb. At that point, the last elite just stands there facing the other direction, and I run up and club him to death from behind.

I haven't played through the next room yet, but it doesn't appear too difficult if you use plasma grenades well.

Sorry, no video, but if you are patient and have a setup similar to mine, you can do it.

Message Index

Replies:

So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Mushroom Samba 11/22/04 3:46 a.m.
     Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Jonathan Goss 11/22/04 4:43 a.m.
           The thing is...Mushroom Samba 11/22/04 11:43 a.m.
     Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...six 0 11/22/04 4:58 a.m.
           Tried that....Mushroom Samba 11/22/04 11:45 a.m.
     my strategy...druid_AK 11/22/04 5:00 a.m.
           Re: my strategy...Hybrid-X-Ultima 11/22/04 8:05 a.m.
     Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...VooDUde 11/22/04 5:14 a.m.
           Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...six 0 11/22/04 5:32 a.m.
           Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Keith 11/22/04 12:39 p.m.
     Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Pballwizard 11/22/04 6:16 a.m.
           Egad....Mushroom Samba 11/22/04 11:48 a.m.
     Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Ducain 11/22/04 7:17 a.m.
           Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...flechette 11/22/04 8:14 a.m.
           Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Mushroom Samba 11/22/04 11:35 a.m.
                 Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...deanero 11/22/04 11:52 a.m.
                       Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...guest 11/22/04 2:11 p.m.
                             Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Keith 11/22/04 5:14 p.m.
                                   Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...flechette 11/22/04 6:22 p.m.
                                         Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Keith 11/22/04 9:34 p.m.
                                         Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...SynikaL 11/30/04 11:54 a.m.
                                               There's a reason folks have issues, sir...Mushroom Samba 11/30/04 7:24 p.m.
                                   Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...six 0 11/23/04 7:34 a.m.
                 Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...ThorsHammer 11/22/04 10:10 p.m.
     Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...mike miller 11/22/04 12:55 p.m.
     Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...JB 11/23/04 9:18 a.m.
           Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...MeleeMaster 11/30/04 10:08 a.m.
                 Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Louis Wu 11/30/04 11:04 a.m.
                       Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...MeleeMaster 11/30/04 2:54 p.m.
                       Re: So....I decided to give it ANOTHER shot...Khaim 12/2/04 6:34 a.m.
     You're all a bunch of girly-men!Blakout420 11/30/04 4:00 p.m.
           Re: You're all a bunch of girly-men!Gladius Dei 11/30/04 4:19 p.m.
                 Re: You're all a bunch of girly-men!Blakout420 11/30/04 4:36 p.m.
                       Re: You're all a bunch of girly-men!gmcg 11/30/04 6:25 p.m.
                             Re: You're all a bunch of girly-men!Keith 11/30/04 8:23 p.m.
                                   Re: You're all a bunch of girly-men!Gladius Dei 11/30/04 9:42 p.m.
                                   Something a little strange about backtracking...Blakout420 11/30/04 10:23 p.m.
                                         Re: Something a little strange about backtracking.six 0 12/2/04 7:14 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.