Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Expensive "hobby"
Posted By: 3SunsDate: 5/6/04 2:50 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Japan - a classroom full of licenses! (kaboris)

: 3Suns

: A hearty Ossu!!!! (Yo!!!) from central Japan.
: And congrats for setting up Blood Gulch Fridays.
: Would like to get a progress report on how that plays out ^^@.

Dude!

I have already run into a couple of snags. First, as I am discovering in the tutorials and, as is being mentioned in a more recent thread

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=421492

it looks like we will need some very expensive software (Max etc.) just to get going (and that is just the cost, not the actual learning curve know-how for the software). I assumed that there would be limited-function trial versions (not 30 day limited stuff) of content creation software, along the lines of Softimage type packages. I also thought that we could play with "preferences" or "ResEdit" type files to start out with (you know, move the base to the left, make the banshee yellow, add more flags ) and just get our feet wet. However, it is looking more and more like we need to jump right into the deep end. My multiple viewings of the CryEngine "What you see is what you get" editor, is making me a little spoiled. Hmmm..., I will have to look into this stuff a little more.

In the meantime, "Blood Gulch" Fridays will continue.

: Maybe I'll see you on the Damepo1 servers in Japan. Good competition around
: there.

: gametag: kaboris
: Steve Christofferson
: Nagoya, Japan

Kaboris, I will keep my eyes out for you. If I go online, it will be as 3Suns. (I frag my students in the name of "Friendly") - I`ll drop you an e-mail, too.

Thanks.

Michael

Message Index

Replies:

More in-depth HEK update.Reppyboyo 4/30/04 4:45 p.m.
     HaloCE o_O *NM*Pico@School 4/30/04 4:49 p.m.
           I can't view their site. It's all screwed up. *NM*Saint 4/30/04 4:50 p.m.
                 Yea, its down for the moment, wait a while :) *NM*Reppyboyo 4/30/04 4:52 p.m.
     Re: More in-depth HEK update.Uriel 4/30/04 4:54 p.m.
           Re: More in-depth HEK update.Pico@School 4/30/04 4:57 p.m.
                 Re: More in-depth HEK update.oddworld18 4/30/04 5:00 p.m.
     Halo Japan - a classroom full of licenses!3Suns 4/30/04 5:39 p.m.
           DOPE!!!Pico 5/1/04 1:06 a.m.
           Re: Halo Japan - a classroom full of licenses!kaboris 5/1/04 1:56 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Japan - a classroom full of licenses!Andrew Nagy 5/2/04 12:43 a.m.
                 Expensive "hobby"3Suns 5/6/04 2:50 a.m.
                       Re: Expensive "hobby"kaboris 5/6/04 3:18 a.m.
                       Re: Expensive "hobby"Cunbelin The Seamy Side Volitation 5/6/04 4:58 a.m.
                             Re: Expensive "hobby"3Suns 5/6/04 6:08 a.m.
     Re: No Mac copmpatability for HaloCE?Sep7imus [subnova] 4/30/04 6:11 p.m.
           Re: No Mac copmpatability for HaloCE?ViolentlyHappy 5/1/04 1:58 p.m.
                 Re: No Mac copmpatability for HaloCE?Blackstar 5/1/04 2:32 p.m.
                       Re: No Mac compatibility for HaloCE?Andrew Nagy 5/2/04 12:45 a.m.
                             Re: No Mac compatibility for HaloCE?Blackstar 5/2/04 8:00 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.