/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: An addendum, and an apology---
Posted By: GrasshopperDate: 5/20/01 6:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: An addendum, and an apology--- (Hamish Sinclair)

Hamish,

That's indeed a strong counterargument.

As I've pointed out in a previous post on another thread, I think it's extremely unlikely that Strauss would have gone in stasis, i.e., been at the mercy of, a Rampant AI.

Nevertheless, those multiple aforementioned references to Strauss' mistreatment of Durandal cannot go unnoticed. They happened, and they happened for a reason. The only logical explanation for this mistreatment, at least based on the Defend THIS!/2 term, is to achieve stable Rampancy.

So I would therefore propose the following. (I can use text to support my argument upon request, but since it's late, I'll just paraphrase)

•Strauss, while in Mars, conducted experiments upon Durandal trying to achieve in-lab Rampancy.

•Satisfied with his preliminary results, Strauss then erased ("purged") those files or that section of Durandal's neural architecture, perhaps resulting in a complete re-boot, with the aim of replicating those same experiments upon arrival at Tau Ceti. (Leela : "I've evidence that files were deleted" on the last Ingue Ferroque term, Durandal "I've twice been purged.")

•Upon arrival at Tau Ceti, Strauss either replicated some of those experiments causing full blown Rampancy, or Durandal, perhaps during the Despair/Melancholy stage of Rampancy somehow got access to those files. (Durandal, you'll recall, at some point boasts about hiding his Rampant state vis-a-vis Strauss.)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

B. Strauss and term 2 of Defend THISGrasshopper 5/18/01 12:30 p.m.
     That's quite an insight!Locucious 5/19/01 6:42 a.m.
     Re: B. Strauss and term 2 of Defend THISAndrew Nagy 5/19/01 2:39 p.m.
           Re: B. Strauss and term 2 of Defend THISHamish Sinclair 5/20/01 4:31 a.m.
                 An addendum, and an apology---Grasshopper 5/20/01 9:10 a.m.
                       Re: An addendum, and an apology---Hamish Sinclair 5/20/01 9:31 a.m.
                             Re: An addendum, and an apology---ForGreatJustice 5/20/01 10:21 a.m.
                                   Re: An addendum, and an apology---Hamish Sinclair 5/20/01 10:13 p.m.
                                         Re: An addendum, and an apology---Anaphiel 5/21/01 5:49 a.m.
                             Re: An addendum, and an apology---Grasshopper 5/20/01 6:01 p.m.
                                   Re: An addendum, and an apology---Twizzler 5/20/01 7:03 p.m.
                                   Re: An addendum, and an apology---Hamish Sinclair 5/20/01 9:33 p.m.
                                         First purge?Interactive Civilian 5/21/01 8:16 a.m.
                                               Re: First purge?Mark Levin 5/21/01 10:21 a.m.
                                                     Re: First purge?Hamish Sinclair 5/21/01 11:19 a.m.
                                                           Re: First purge?Interactive Civilian 5/21/01 2:56 p.m.
                                               Re: First purge?Hamish Sinclair 5/21/01 11:13 a.m.
                                         Re: An addendum, and an apology---Andrew Nagy 5/21/01 1:58 p.m.
                                               Re: An addendum, and an apology---Grasshopper 5/21/01 6:45 p.m.
                                               Re: An addendum, and an apology---Hamish Sinclair 5/23/01 3:43 a.m.
                                   Re: An addendum, and an apology---Andrew Nagy 5/25/01 3:08 a.m.
                                         Interesting....Grasshopper 5/25/01 8:07 a.m.
                             future shock?spellbound 5/22/01 5:46 a.m.
                                   Forever War vs Starship TroopersAnaphiel 5/22/01 7:15 a.m.
                                         Time DialationTwizzler 5/22/01 8:27 a.m.
                                               Re: Time Dialationm.vijey gupta 8/11/03 8:22 p.m.
                                                     Re: Time DialationTodd 8/11/03 8:54 p.m.
                                                           Re: Time DialationAndrew Nagy 8/16/03 10:42 a.m.
                                   Re: future shock?Hamish Sinclair 5/23/01 10:25 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.