/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: 2 questions about MI
Posted By: Tycho7enDate: 12/9/01 10:29 a.m.

In Response To: Re: 2 questions about MI ([Tycho?])

:
: I think Ne Cede Malis takes place after M2, and on Tycho's ship is in an
: alternate universe. Same time, but if previous events had happend
: differently. So i suppose you just take the place of the marine already in
: that universe, but its wierd that nobody notices that the marine suddenly
: has more or less ammo then an instant before.

The marine was transported off of ARLTS after M2, after recieving a message of "success" from Durandal. In the message Durandal tells the marine...

"The evacuation of Lh'owon has already
begun. In a matter of hours this planet
will be a thin shell of plasma riding the
shockwave of its exploding star.

You can stay behind to work on your tan, if
you'd like, but I'm leaving."

Durandal's leaving... but what about the marine?

"There is much to do in the next few months
and our first stop will be another ruined
world, this time far from the galactic
core. There is a rogue star that has been
passing through our galaxy for nearly a
millennia.

We will meet it in one of the great voids
between the spiral arms."

So the marine and Durandal are going to another universe to investigate this rogue star... okay, simple enough. I assume that by "we", Durandal's talking about the marine and himself... and whatever else is left in the Rozinante.

Then, in Infinity, reawakens in a cabin... on a Jjaro outpost? The first terminal is a message from Durandal, recounting the events of Marathon 2. To make things weirder, Durandal seems fearful of the trih xeem. I once posted a theory that Tycho's ship is, quite literally, another universe and the first sign that the rules of the universe have been trampled underneath a horde of stampeding F'lickta and spit upon by the W'rk. This universe LOOKS like the M2 universe, but the Jjaro outpost seems to say otherwise.

Something's different about this place... and yet it seems familiar. I'm sure all of us know the connection with Arrival... but what sense would it make to enter Arrival with a rocket launcher? I get this strange feeling that something's playing games with you... and it's not Double Aught. ;)

Another thing worth noting is that we entered Tycho's ship without any of the things we found in Ne Cede Malis. Of course, this makes sense because we had just been re-awakened. Still, it makes Ne Cede Malis seem almost like it was just a dream... more so than the rest of Infinity. Especially when you play it with the demo text...

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

2 questions about MIThoth Wannabe 12/6/01 4:01 p.m.
     Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/6/01 4:29 p.m.
           Re: 2 questions about MIThoth Wannabe 12/6/01 5:35 p.m.
                 Re: 2 questions about MISteve Levinson 12/6/01 7:37 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MIAlfred Mordeir 12/7/01 7:24 a.m.
                             Re: 2 questions about MI[Tycho?] 12/7/01 11:17 a.m.
                                   Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:29 a.m.
                                         Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:50 a.m.
                                               Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/9/01 12:19 p.m.
                                               Re: 2 questions about MISiliconDream =PN= 12/9/01 1:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/9/01 2:32 p.m.
                                                           Re: 2 questions about MISiliconDream =PN= 12/9/01 4:54 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MITheocracity 12/7/01 3:12 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:52 a.m.
     Re: 2 questions about MImartin antell 12/6/01 11:35 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.