/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: 2 questions about MI
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 12/6/01 4:29 p.m.

In Response To: 2 questions about MI (Thoth Wannabe)

: Wow. Thanks Mark and everyone else for the explanation of MI. I did have two
: questions, however: 1: If the marine can go back in time or whatever it is
: that he does then why doesn't he just go back when the marathon was about
: to launch and expose the rampant Durandal and possibly Strauss? That way
: Durandal would never send that message to the pfhor and he'd die from
: being confined. It seems it would have been easier, but maybe Durandal
: meant to much to the marine :P

I've been wondering about that too... Maybe it takes him more effort or energy to jump further in time or space. What's the longest/farthest jump he makes in MI?

: 2: IS the marine going back in time in the original sense? What I mean is
: when he apparently "goes back" or "starts over" is
: there another marine running around from that present time?

The Marine appears capable of any jump: Any universe, any time, any place (possibly within the limitation above).

I really don't know what it looks like to an outsider when the Marine moves... It's probably something like a teleport, he just folds out.

As to what happens to the other Marines in other universes... I have no idea :) The only thing that comes to mind is that the incoming Marine somehow takes over the "role" of the Marine already existing in that universe, and the consciousness and possibly the body of the other (which would explain the ammunition carry-over) is removed to somewhere and restored when the real Marine leaves. Whether this transition can be noticed by anyone else is unclear, we don't know how much anyone else knows about the Marine's powers.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

2 questions about MIThoth Wannabe 12/6/01 4:01 p.m.
     Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/6/01 4:29 p.m.
           Re: 2 questions about MIThoth Wannabe 12/6/01 5:35 p.m.
                 Re: 2 questions about MISteve Levinson 12/6/01 7:37 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MIAlfred Mordeir 12/7/01 7:24 a.m.
                             Re: 2 questions about MI[Tycho?] 12/7/01 11:17 a.m.
                                   Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:29 a.m.
                                         Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:50 a.m.
                                               Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/9/01 12:19 p.m.
                                               Re: 2 questions about MISiliconDream =PN= 12/9/01 1:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/9/01 2:32 p.m.
                                                           Re: 2 questions about MISiliconDream =PN= 12/9/01 4:54 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MITheocracity 12/7/01 3:12 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:52 a.m.
     Re: 2 questions about MImartin antell 12/6/01 11:35 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.