/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: 2 questions about MI
Posted By: Thoth WannabeDate: 12/6/01 5:35 p.m.

In Response To: Re: 2 questions about MI (Mark Levin)

: I've been wondering about that too... Maybe it takes him more effort or
: energy to jump further in time or space. What's the longest/farthest jump
: he makes in MI?

: The Marine appears capable of any jump: Any universe, any time, any place
: (possibly within the limitation above).

: I really don't know what it looks like to an outsider when the Marine
: moves... It's probably something like a teleport, he just folds out.

: As to what happens to the other Marines in other universes... I have no idea
: :) The only thing that comes to mind is that the incoming Marine somehow
: takes over the "role" of the Marine already existing in that
: universe, and the consciousness and possibly the body of the other (which
: would explain the ammunition carry-over) is removed to somewhere and
: restored when the real Marine leaves. Whether this transition can be
: noticed by anyone else is unclear, we don't know how much anyone else
: knows about the Marine's powers.

I tend to believe that only ONE universe exists and that when the marine leaps back, the future is erased. That is, everything that has happend after he leaps into the past is erased and only exists in the marines mind. If this is true then the marine is probably always leaping into a time right after M2, but we only play the last few hours of that timeline simply because the game would be like a million hours long if we played through every part of that timeline. Let me explain further: everyone knows the timeline were we fight for Tycho to control a ship (forgot the name of the level, but its the second level with all the fighters that help us) I believe that there is a story BEHIND all of that and that we didn't simply leap right into that particular time, instead we leaped perhaps years before it. Perhaps the story was taht the marine somehow betrayed durandal and joined up with Tycho and did a few errands before we begin playing that level. I think that that story isn't important though. WHats important is whether this timeline will be succesful or if it'll be doomed. If this is true then perhaps there is a particular moment in the marines life right after M2 that he realizes he can branch off into different paths (such as fight for Tycho, Tfear, Durandal, etc.) Perhaps his body isn't transfered at all, but merely his mind. Maybe ITS what leaps and that as soon as he leaps back, that existence, up until that defining moment, is erased.

To summerize: there is a time when the marine must choose which path to take and that everytime hes unsuccesful his mind leaps back to that moment he had to make a choice in his path. There could possibly be years between this time and the time we actaully start playing (this would explain the seemingly in depth story behind these timelines that is never told)

I hope I made everything clear, I always suck presenting theories :)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

2 questions about MIThoth Wannabe 12/6/01 4:01 p.m.
     Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/6/01 4:29 p.m.
           Re: 2 questions about MIThoth Wannabe 12/6/01 5:35 p.m.
                 Re: 2 questions about MISteve Levinson 12/6/01 7:37 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MIAlfred Mordeir 12/7/01 7:24 a.m.
                             Re: 2 questions about MI[Tycho?] 12/7/01 11:17 a.m.
                                   Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:29 a.m.
                                         Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:50 a.m.
                                               Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/9/01 12:19 p.m.
                                               Re: 2 questions about MISiliconDream =PN= 12/9/01 1:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: 2 questions about MIMark Levin 12/9/01 2:32 p.m.
                                                           Re: 2 questions about MISiliconDream =PN= 12/9/01 4:54 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MITheocracity 12/7/01 3:12 p.m.
                       Re: 2 questions about MITycho7en 12/9/01 10:52 a.m.
     Re: 2 questions about MImartin antell 12/6/01 11:35 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.