/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Fan Fiction: Immune
Posted By: REBDate: 6/26/03 12:35 p.m.

IMMUNE

by Raśl Eduardo Bonilla

(From concepts by Larry and Andy Wachoski & Greg Kirkpatrick)

I

They say cyborgs are the only ones who should be put to cryo-sleep, because only they can carry on with their lives afterwards.

Now I know it's true.

Old age can't be cheated just like like that. When you wake up from cryo-sleep, you look and feel the same age you had when you went to sleep, but the truth is you're hundreds years older. After a couple of weeks, all the pain and misery you should have gone through those hundred of years slam into your body all at once and front that moment forward, it's all downhill.

Leela, one of the artificial intelligences onboard, is giving me a green pill to relieve the pain. She say the aches are normal and will pass in a few weeks; which is true, considering I'm going to be dead by then. But before that happens, my job will be done.

As part of group of people who were put to cryo-sleep when the ship departed from Mars, I'm one of the few who knows that there are 10 battleroids disguised as people among us.

The UESC feared that survivors of the MIDA organization could be hidden in this ship and eventually attempt to take over it, so the battleroids were brought to ensure the success of the mission. With an original crew of 50 Senior Staff, 1,150 Officers, and 24,000 civilians, only one battleroid was needed to be active during the trip. Now that we have reached our destiny and the crew is over 250,000 members and counting, it's time to awake the other nine.

I ventured into the deepest vowels of geothermal station three and located the hidden terminal that's closer to the former moon's core than any other piece of equipment and started to work. Twelve hours later, I found myself sweating and tired, waiting for the last pod to come out of the river of lava and open up, revealing the cryo-chamber and the sleeping biomechanical creature inside of it.

Out of the blue, I felt a gun pressed against my head and heard a feminine voice behind me that said to me: "Don't move."

Slowly, I tried to turn my head. The woman pushed me with the gun.

"What part of 'don't move' you didn't understand?"

"You're too late. The battleroids will wake up with or without my help."

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Fuck?" I asked myself in silence.

"Hello, operator? Can you hear me?"

"Who's she talking to?" I wandered and feared that this woman was a MIDA member gone even crazier - if such thing is possible.

"Loop? Are you there? I need help!"

"You need help?!" I couldn't avoid to say this out loud. "You're the one who's pointing the gun at me!"

All I got for response was the sound of her weeping. She was crying!

(this story will continue tomorrow)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Fan Fiction: ImmuneREB 6/26/03 12:35 p.m.
     Re: Fan Fiction: Immuneukimalefu 6/26/03 12:45 p.m.
     Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneVaxuum BOB 6/26/03 1:56 p.m.
           Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneBlacksmith 6/26/03 4:24 p.m.
                 Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneVaxuum BOB 6/29/03 12:23 a.m.
           Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneREB 6/27/03 9:14 a.m.
                 Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneScifiteki 6/27/03 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: Fan Fiction: Immuneukimalefu 6/27/03 7:49 p.m.
                             Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneREB 6/28/03 5:58 a.m.
     Immune (continued)REB 6/27/03 9:13 a.m.
           There is no PfhorHamish Sinclair 6/27/03 11:00 a.m.
           Immune (continued)REB 6/28/03 5:56 a.m.
                 A CONTEST of sorts! Design a new template pageErnie 6/28/03 7:34 a.m.
                       Mad Ideas, no talent.Vaxuum BOB 6/29/03 12:50 a.m.
                             Re: Mad Ideas, no talent.Johannes Gunnar 6/29/03 2:24 a.m.
                                   Re: Mad Ideas, no talent.Vaxuum BOB 6/29/03 3:19 a.m.
                                         Re: Mad Ideas, no talent.Johannes Gunnar 6/29/03 6:23 a.m.
                                   Re: Mad Ideas, no talent.Gholsbane 6/29/03 5:55 a.m.
                       Re: Calm DownREB 6/29/03 11:42 a.m.
                             Re: Calm DownErnie 6/29/03 3:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Calm DownGholsbane 6/30/03 3:51 a.m.
                 Re: Immune (conclusion)REB 6/29/03 11:38 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.